The Hunt

"I take his hand and we race through the woods, fighting for life."

I run to the cornucopia and am about to grab a bow when it's kicked out of my reach.

"Why isn't it the Capitol's pet, Foxface." A voice says. It's the girl from four, with an ax raised ready for attack. Suddenly a spear goes through her head l, and she falls to the ground. I grab the bow.

"Are you ok?" It's Marvel.

"Yeah, I'm good." I say. I grab the quiver filled with arrows and he leads me to the other Careers. "Is that everyone?" Cato asks.

"I think so," Glimmer says, glaring at me.

"What?" I ask her.

"What's wrong?" Cato says.

"Glimmer's glaring at me!" I say. "I didn't even do anything, let alone make contact with her!" I protest.

"Glimmer, if you have a problem, leave." Marvel says. I look at him.he looks down at me and smiles. I smile, blush, and look away.

"Do we have to have her here?" Glimmer asks. "Why can't I just kill her now?" I am offended.

"Excuse you," I snap.

"I hate her. I'm going to kill her while she sleeps." Glimmer says.

"I'm right here!" I yell.

"Glimmer, you're out of the Career pack!" Cato barks.

"If I see you again, I won't hesitate to throw my knife in your eye." Clove says. Glimmer shrieks and runs away.

"Yeah, you better run." I mutter. We trudge through the woods, killing anybody we see.shooting my arrow into someone's eye. Cato stabbing another with his sword. We make camp and I watch in amusement as me and Clove take turns piercing a salamander with our weapons. when it stops squirming I lay down to sleep. I hear a rustle from behind me. I roll over. It's Marvel, again.

"How was your first day?" He whispers.

"Good." I say.

"I will protect you with my life," Marvel says.

"Why?" I whisper. and that's when he kisses me. The kiss releases a sensation through my body. He runs his fingers through my hair. My lips leave his and I know I'm a goner. I've Fallen in love with this handsome stranger whom they call Marvel. Now I have one single goal. Save Marvel.

And kill everyone who stands in my way.