Struggles

Levi's POV

The Scouts had not gone on another expedition since the two brats had gone missing. Mikasa had been trying to help find them, no one knew how they just disappeared into thin air. To make matters worse people were saying that someone had killed Eren and Armin so humanity would fail and they'd fall prey to the titans. They had been forced to regroup and return to the base to try to locate the two missing cadets. 

"Tch, why did those two brats have to be the two that went missing?" He asked with a sigh as he sipped on his black tea. He was trying to keep from kicking someone in the teeth. 

"Levi, any leads?" Erwin asked as he walked over, a few papers in his hand. They were most likely reports about the mission. 

"What do you think? Two cadets just disappear into thin air. Do you think I'd have leads?" He asked, appearing a bit snarky but it was really his concern for the cadets. 

"I know you're worried just as much as the rest of us. But we'll find a way to get them back." 

"We'd better. They're our only hope to survive." 

Armin's POV

After the patrol with Hawks I walked back to my room and shut the door, walking over to his bed and sitting down with his back against the wall. He knew Kirishima, Eren, and the others would be giving Bakugo a hard time for being so mean to me before-hand. But he didn't care. He wanted to stay in this world. He didn't want to go back to the titans. To the constant terror and horrors. He'd rather stay here where it was pretty peaceful and not fear the death of the entire human race.  He was pulled from his thoughts by a soft knock on the door to his room 

"Who is it?" 

"Aizawa." 

Armin's blood ran cold for a moment, Aizawa scared him because he reminded him of Levi. "C-Come in.." 

The raven-haired teacher entered his room and shut the door behind him "Hawks told me about what happened on patrol. Are you alright? I had no idea that you had ever seen anything so horrific." 

The blonde pulled his knees up to his chest. "I'm fine. Eren has seen far worse than I have. He's actually been eaten by a titan.." 

"I didn't ask if Eren was okay. I asked if you were alright."

"I-I guess. I see those memories every night in nightmares so seeing them is nothing new." He explained with a soft sigh, he wasn't even looking at Aizawa but rather the wall behind him. 

"I see. So this world you come from really was hell?" 

"Yes, sir. But Eren and I have no choice but to return. Eren is humanity's only hope. If they lost him than all of humanity may as well be lost too." 

"I see. But why is it just Eren? Aren't you just as important?" 

"No. I'm just someone who slows everyone down. He'd be better off without me. They all would be." 

"I don't believe that's true. I've heard Eren talk about the plans you've come up and I've heard how you have a way with your words. Don't sell yourself short of your true value, Armin." 

The blonde looked up a bit stunned but nodded slowly "Yes, sir." he took a deep breath and added "I won't forget it." 

A/N: Hello my lovelies. Sorry this chapter took so long to release. It's really hard for me to write for Levi which is why his section isn't longer. Originally he wasn't really going to be mentioned in the story since the focus of the story is Armin and Eren. But if you guys want more Levi in the story then let me know. But do realize that the chapters with him will take longer to release since he's so different from myself. 

Also with a new school year starting I don't know how much I'll be able to update. I start school Friday, August 21st. So between now and then I'll pre-write as many chapters as I can. If there are other characters I should spend more time on or events you guys think would be cool if it happened please don't hesitate to comment. I have a general idea as to where I want my story to go, but at this point anything goes since this is just building up to the main arc of the story.