Leaving

Hi this is my first story so I hope you enjoy!

Hi my name is Y/n L/n. I live with my father and siblings, I've always felt rejected by them ever since my mother passed. Her and I were always very close and one day we both got terribly sick. My mother more than I. I eventually started feeling better but not my mom... she passed within the next week. Of course my whole family especially me was upset and my father took out all his anger on me. He blamed me for getting her sick. My sibling soon followed and they all blamed me. But it's ok I have a plan to escape it all. Like every other day I was woken up by father screaming my name. It was usually quiet in our little house in Illinois unless father was yelling at me. I groaned as I got up and rushed downstairs. "Took you long enough." My father said. I replied "Sorry I will try to be faster next time.." He gave me a disappointed look and yelled "You better". I sighed as I walked over to the kitchen and made myself breakfast and ran upstairs.

I was eating my cereal and thought about my life. I was thinking about my Mother who passed and my other siblings who treated me like trash. I scoffed knowing my own family doesn't even love me. I have been thinking about leaving for a long time. Tomorrow was the day I finally could. My 18th Birthday! I have been saving up money for about 2 years now and I think I have enough to make it to New York. I quietly packed my clothes and all the essentials. I heard a knock on the door and I went over to answer it. It was my older sister, she asked me what I was making for dinner and I didn't even realize the time. I rushed downstairs and made Mac and Cheese. I ate quickly to try to avoid any communication with my family. As I was walking away I tripped over something and fell right on my face. I heard laughing behind me and looked up to see my brother stuck out his foot on purpose to make me fall. My eyes became glossy and I went to my room. I fell asleep happy knowing that tomorrow was the day I could be free. With that I drifted off to sleep.

*Next morning*

I woke up around 11 today and smiled knowing my birthday was today! I took a picture of my mom that sat on my desk and hugged it, she is the only person who ever loved and treated me like family. I showered and enjoyed it because I didn't know when I would be able to next. I got dressed and made my way downstairs so see my whole family eating and not even noticing me. "Wow" I mumbled. "What was that?" My father said.  "Oh it was nothing.." My father didn't say anything and returned to eating his breakfast. I can't believe they don't even remember my birthday. I walked over to the counter and I ate some toast really quick and went upstairs. I heard shuffling around from downstairs and went to check it out. When I reached the bottom of the stairs I saw my family and it looked like they were going somewhere. "Where are you guys headed off to?" I asked. My sister said "The Zoo. We didn't think you would want to go so we didn't buy a ticket for you." She smirked. "Oh...well have fun." And with that they left. I was smiling inside. This is perfect, I won't even have to sneak out!

I made sure I had everything I needed and left the home that I've known for my whole life. As I was walking I got this wave of happiness that flushed over me. I've done it! I really did! I'm finally going to live the life I deserve. As I approached the train station I bought a ticket to New York. This is it. I stepped onto the train and sat down. I was really tired from the walk so I fell asleep. When I woke up I realized that an older lady was sitting next to me. She had a soft smile and asked "Where are you headed off to?" I smiled and replied "New York. Where are you headed?" She replied saying "New Jersey. I'm visiting my family. What about you? You seem so young where is your family?" "Oh um, I kinda ran away. They were always so rude to me and I finally got away from it all." She gave my an understanding smile and I realized that I should use the bathroom. I got up and scooted past the lady and went to the bathroom with my suitcase of stuff. When I finished I decided to change into a different dress because I would be arriving in a few hours. I looked into my suitcase and picked out my coral pink dress. I left the bathroom and went to get snacks. I ate them on the way back to my seat and nodded at the old lady scooting past her. I thought I should pass the time so I fell back asleep. When I woke up I was being shaken awake by a lady that works on the train. She said "This is your stop miss" "Ok thank you so much." I said. I looked and the old lady was gone. I was a little sad I couldn't say goodbye but I was was more excited to be in New York. I ran off the train. The air was cold and I saw people everywhere. "This is it Y/n. I made it." I whispered to myself.

Ok first chapter what do you think?