Promise to write me

Y/n's POV

I was shaken awake by someone but I didn't know who. My eyes were still heavy and I was feeling grumpy. I finally opened my eyes all the way to see John smiling at me. I smiled back and looked around us to see all of my friends slowly getting up. Then I remembered that John was leaving today. I instantly hugged him and he did the same back. We were like this for a little while until we heard Herc say "It's time to go." So me and John slowly pulled apart and walked over to where everyone else was. All the guys grabbed their stuff and were now walking outside to load up the carriage. Once they were done they walked back to me and the girls to say goodbyes. I started with Alex and hugged him. Then I moved to Laf and Herc. And finally I got to John and I didn't even realize I was crying until he wiped them away for me. He pulled me in super tight and whispered in my ear saying "Its ok baby, I'll be back in a few months..." I looked up at him and kissed him knowing it would be the last for a while. We all finished saying goodbyes to eachother and I slowly walked back over to Peggy, Angelica and Eliza and they are all either crying or tearing up. I watched and the guys all get into the carriage and it soon started moving. I saw John waving to me through the window and I waved back smiling and crying at the same time. And then the carriage made a turn and it was out of sight. That was it. He is gone and I won't see him for a long time. But I have to be strong for him. And I will be.

2 days later

I had just got home from working my shift at the bar and Peggy came running at me and hugged me. She said "I missed you! You have been gone forever!" I rolled my eyes playfully and said "I've been gone for 6 hours but ok." Then I saw her holding a letter. She held it up and said "Lover boy sent this to you." I squealed and grabbed it from her hands and ran to the nearest couch. I sat down and opened it quickly but still carful. It read

Dear Y/n

I have safely arrived to the camp and have settled in nicely. I miss you already. So far we only are in training but soon we will be ready to fight. I hope everything is good by you. And remember, if you need at talk to me about anything I am always a letter away. I hope to hear from you soon.

                 -Sincerely,
                            John

I smiled knowing he was safe and made it there ok. I knew Peggy was just dying to know what it said so I handed it to her so she could read it and she basically snatched it from me. I smiled and made my way upstairs. I pulled out my paper and ink. I didn't want to write anything to long because I'm sure John would be busy so I decided to keep my letter short. It read

Dear John,

I received your letter and I am glad to hear that it is going well so far. I miss you so much and I think about you all the time. I know you will do great things and know that no matter what I am always rooting and cheering you on.

                               -Sincerely,
                                         Y/n

I smiled at my letter and folded it up into and envelope. I soon went and sent it off and tried my best to stay smiling even though I was hurting inside. I missed John so much but I knew he was doing what he had always dreamed of doing and I am so happy for him.

2 months later

Me and John have been sending letters to eachother almost every day. And today I was working in the bar and checked the time. I realized my shift ended so I headed to my bosses office to tell him I was going home but he stopped me and said "I have some bad news." I was scared and didn't like the way this was going. He continued to say "I have decided to close the bar. I am getting old and I can't meep up with all the work so I'm letting all my staff go. The bar will be closing tomorrow." I was shocked. I needed this job but I understood where he was coming from. "I understand." I said that him. Then he went to a drawer and pulled out and envelop and handed it to me. I was confused until he said "This envelope included this weeks check and the checks for the next 2 weeks. I am doing this because I know this was so out of the blue. I hope everything is well for you from here on out." I stood there frozen. But somehow I was able to say "Thank you Sir. And sorry about the business." And with that I left to tell The Schuyler sisters. When I got home I saw them all eating dinner and told them the news. Then Eliza said "Oh I'm sorry. I'm sure there are plenty of other places." I nodded and we all talked for the rest of the night. I was starting to get very close with the Schuyler sisters. I mean we're we're close friends before but now it's like I'm a adopted 4th sister. So the next day we decided to go shopping. And the day was going great so far. We passed the large wall that had hundreds of flyers in it until one caught my eye. It stated

                        NURSES NEEDED
WE HAVE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF MEN FIGHTING FOR OUR COUNTRY AND WE NEED MORE NURSES TO HELP THE INJURED. WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.

I read it over and over and grabbed it from the wall. That was my way to see John again. I could finally be reunited with him while helping fight for freedom. So then I walked to where the Schuyler sisters were and they all read the paper that was in my hand. I didn't think it would have been that easy to convince them but that all nodded at eachother and said in unison "We are in." And that was the start of what we did for the next month. As the weeks went by John kept saying how the time of him being gone would continue being extended. And he would not be home as soon as he thought. But I had other plans. Ever since I found that flyer me and the Schuyler sister have been studying how to care for wounds and infections and things like that. And in only a month we were ready to do what we have been planing for what felt like forever. We were joining the revolution!

The next few days were full of waiting around the house. What were we waiting for? Oh just a letter back from the General himself. He was going to determine if we were qualified to become nurses for the revolution. But during those days of waiting me and John have continued writing to eachother. But whenever he asked about what I was doing back home I would say boring things like shopping. Because my plan was to surprise him if we got chosen to be nurses. And after a few day the letter finally came. All four of us sat on the couch and started at the letter. I got tired of the anticipation so I grabbed the letter and opened it. And read it aloud so they girls could hear too. And I read "Dear Sisters of the Schuyler residence(and your guest Y/n). I have come to a conclusion on my decision to make you nurses. I am happy you guys seem so excited to want to help and I admire the time you took to study and want to be prepared. So my decision is....

To be continued... haha