First day

Y/n's POV
A few days passed and it was my first day at my new job! I thought it was going to be perfect because my friends do there all the time and I would not be as bored. So I got up and took a shower and quickly dried myself off. I changed into one of my new dresses and did some light makeup. Then I put my hair up in a bun and smiled at myself in the mirror. I made my way downstairs and ate breakfast. The Schuyler sisters wished me all good luck and they promised to stop by later so with that I walked to the bar. I finally arrived and walked through the big wood door and the smell of alcohol instantly filled my nose. I knew I would have to get used to it eventually so I just ignored it. I walked to the back room where my boss was and he smiled when he saw me. He gave me an apron to wear and a name tag and basically showed me around the whole place. And once I got the hang of it I was ready to start taking orders. Things were going pretty smoothly for the first day. I got a few thirsty comments but always ignored them. Then I heard laughter coming from the door and I saw the Schuyler sisters walking in and they headed my way. Peggy hugged me over the counter which was not very comfortable but we didn't care. Then I hugged Eliza and Angelica and they all ordered drinks. Part of me was really hoping that the guys would show up tonight. It would be way more fun if the whole group was here. And just as if it were on cue, I saw Alexanders head pop through the door and then he walked in with Hercules, Lafayette, and John behind him. I watched as John said something to them and they all walked to a table close by. Then John walked up to me and said "Hello miss, may I order 4 glasses of Sam Adams for my dear friends and I" I giggled and his funny accent and tried to do it too but failed when I said "Of course sir, coming right up" we both laughed and he walked back to his table. Once I finished making their drinks I carried them to the table where all my friends sat and they all cheered. I was about to walk away when I heard John calling my name, I turned to see John walking towards me and he grabbed my hand and lead me to the corner of the bar. I looked at him with concern because he sighed before he started talking. "Y/n.." he whispered. "What is it? You can tell me anything." I said. then he started, "I'm leaving for war a few days after the ball. I know we just started talking and it will kill me not being able to see you all the time but it is my dream to fight and win freedom-" I cut him off by saying "John listen to me. I know how much this means to you and I will most defiantly miss you but if this is what you want then I wont stop you. I will write you everyday I promise." He was shocked at first because he expected me to try and stop him from going but when he heard that I was ok with him going he picked me up and spun me around and I couldn't contain my laughter. When he put me down he looked into my eyes and kissed me, I quickly kissed him back and that was when we heard our friends cheering once again. One day I hope we can do that without getting interrupted *Debby Ryan Smirk*. We pulled away and I smiled at him. I walked back to the counter and realized my shift was over so I put away my apron and my nametag. The rest of the night was super fun, I may have had too many drinks so everyone all headed back to the Schuyler mansion. John only had a few drinks so we was mostly sober and he was able to walk me up to my room. He laid me down on my bed and whispered "Goodnight Y/n, I hope you are not in too much pain when you wake up tomorrow." I quickly grabbed his hand before he stood up and I said "Please stay" He looked down at me and gave up. He got under the covers and wrapped his arms around me I laid down thinking about how happy I was here. And I feel like I don't say how great full I am to have my friends in my life. I really enjoyed Johns company and I could definitely get used to it. So I hugged his arms that were wrapped around me and I could tell he felt it because he tightened his grip around me and I felt so safe with him. And with that my eyes became heavy and soon we both fell asleep.