12

March 23, New York

The entire office, maybe the entire hallway, or the entire building, or perhaps even the entire room, but whatever was around the two beings, fell silent as UN stared in shock at the strange request they did not expect to come out of America's mouth. They knew that the country would most likely accuse Russia of murder at some point in time, but NATO?

However, the United Nations thought again.
America had stayed quiet probably all throughout the month of March, so he must've been through careful consideration, but even so, why accuse a country, no, an organization whom you have created and trusted?

"Sir?"

Seeing the shocked expression the organization wore, the country then broke into reasoning.
"I'm... I-I'm not trying to arrest them or falsely accuse them, because that's a crime in my country, but even so, I have suspicions about them," he said very quickly, "So I was wondering if you can suspend them for a while, like keep them as suspects, until the mystery is solved."

Realizing America stood in front of them, UN's face relaxed, however, even so, they may have stuttered a little as they asked:
"Why is that, America?"

"Because, you see, for NATO, I thought that the fact he was constantly reporting the murders to me may indicate that he was hiding something, like, maybe he could have been the murderer, or the one behind the murderers, or that someone could've ordered him to kill-"

"Why would you think someone would order an organization to kill?" United Nations asked America just after he had said the third statement. "Besides, since he's an Android you built, isn't it just plain correct for him to report the murders to you?"

"Right-yes, sir... I know accusing NATO of the murders is a stupid idea, but it seems as if he's always the first one to know about them. Like he may have known something about the murders but wouldn't bear to tell anyone since he's an organization.
"It's fine if you choose not to stay aware of NATO since this is just a suggestion and all..."

America swore he saw UN smile just slightly before turning serious again, "it was quite impossible, yes, but I can see a definite pattern there. Now, how about Russia?"

Just a while ago, the country was bursting with words to say, although now that he had been asked, just saying the Soviet Union may be the root of all sounded stupid.
Even so he told the organization everything. He told them his suspicions that the culprit was majorly avoiding the use of ammunition, which may leave traces. He told them that majority of the either-communist-or-used-to-be-communist countries, besides China, were safe, and that a few of those countries who were close to him during the Cold War (a fantastic example being Japan) were murdered, but even so Germany, who had a portion of him handed over to the Soviet Union, was almost killed.

UN listened to him tentatively, nodding their head as they did so.

"Although, have you ever thought of how unfair it would be to Russia because you may have accused him of a string of murders he, even as a child of the Soviet Union, did not cause, and that he had defended you during your trial just days ago?"

"Well, I know my reasoning may be baseless or biased, but if Russia really wanted to kill me, he could've just said nothing and let the ICJ decide. So I have a feeling that he may just be 'saving me for later', probably he might hand me to the murderers or murder me himself once all of my allies have been eliminated."

America felt his voice trail off after the word "allies."

"Hmmm... I think your reasoning is quite reasonable for this one, America," replied the United Nations contentedly, "however, I think you may just be saying that the Soviet Union was behind it all, which has a high chance of being impossible...

"Either way, I think you've improved, America," UN patted his back as he opened the door and said, "I suppose what had happened to China has indeed taught you a lesson."

However, little did they know that someone was outside just moments ago, listening...

~~~

March 27, New York

Four days had passed since that conversation with no news of any murders at all.

It was a queer sensation, yet America felt like having no news was far worse than having NATO report them to him.

Had NATO somehow knew about what I had said? thought America, as he twiddled with a black model of a jet (an SR-71, as he would call it) that sat at the left side of his desk.
However he thought again, Of course, UN might be placing him and Russia under suspension. That's why he's been absent as far as I'm concerned.
Maybe NATO's just avoiding me, he thought again, but that thought seemed just plain disappointing and a little bit sad. Did he eavesdrop into our conversation? No, maybe he just overheard...

No. Now isn't the time to think about those, America shook his head over and over, massaging his forehead afterwards, Maybe no news meant good news. Maybe no one got murdered...

He kept these thoughts for a while and began paying much more attention to his work more than he had usually done, trying to restrain himself from a curiosity that had started burning inside of him just then.

Finally, after several minutes, that mounting curiosity of his took over as America suddenly stood upright from his chair and began walking towards the hospital wing in a hurried manner, earning multiple small yet questioning gazes from countries and people alike.

The country opened the door, quietly, for all he had expected to see was WHO tending a sick Germany on the fourth bed on the left side of the hospital wing, or maybe absolutely no one except WHO.

He did not expect what he had just saw.

It was true, he had expected Germany to be bed-ridden on the left side of the hospital wing, yet what, or rather, who he saw gave him a surge of inspiration.

It was Lithuania, fairly beaten up, yet still alive and conscious.

~~~~~~~~~~

Ah yes

SPOILER

You know the story is near to ending when literally everyone's guess has been confirmed and also when the pages get less and less and less. Or maybe not...

Writer's block is just around the corner.

Also by the way I'm sorry for the kinda late update. I'm also feeling kind of demotivated to do any art and also because I'm really upset lately because I'm not on good terms with the rest of my family sooooOooOOoo...

Also chapter art sucks

Tbh I feel kinda unsatisfied about this chapter but I hope you enjoyed

Word Count: 1183

Edit: Stupid me, I wrote that America was surprised seeing Lithuania, but then I just realized America and Lithuania had 82 years worth of healthy relationship