chapter 30

September, 2019, The No1 Nigerian Blogger.

Video circulating social media arouses renewed public interest and suspicion about the death of infamous Nigerian Senator Abayomi. Two nights ago, a video posted from an anonymous twitter account dissected Vice President, Remilekun Phillips's condolence message posted the morning of the senator's death and exposed that in fact the video was posted a day before the senator's death.

The video included a side by side comparison of Abuja a day before the senator's death, where it rained for almost the whole day, in the Vice President's condolence video, one can hear the distinct sound of water running, too obviously to be anything other than the rain.

The question on every Nigerian's lips is how the vice knew of the senator's death before it happened. Others have taken to the conclusion that Remilekun Phillips had the senator murdered, despite all the times when both have spoken publicly about the mutual respect for each other.

The video is currently the top trend worldwide on Twitter amassing over fourteen million views across all social media platforms, while the anonymous poster's account has been deleted as of this morning.

There is yet to be a statement released by the Vice President as of now, but one thing is certain, Remilekun Phillips has a lot to answer for.

***

DRONE DATA COLLECTED:

TODAY, GOOGLE SEARCH, 7AM: HOW TO MAKE EGUSI SOUP?
TODAY, GOOGLE SEARCH, 7:42PM: HOW TO TELL IF A GIRL LIKES ME?

***

The whole campus was on fire. Metaphorical fire though, not even the scandal of a lecturer from the faculty of science who was exposed for having sex with a student could top this, Grace bet that the poor man was thanking Remilekun Phillips wherever he was holed up in. There was no sin greater than murder, that was the way things were in Nigeria and Remilekun Phillips was tangled in its grasps.

Grace settled down on a free seat in the middle of the lecture hall, there was a silly fear beating a drum into her chest, two days ago, with her help, Kendrick had outed The ORION Project with an anonymous account, it had only taken a day for it to go viral and somehow Grace expected someone to march up to her and declare her the proprietor of the sudden disaster as if it was written guiltily on her forehead.

If she hadn't wanted to be far away Sanmi more, she wouldn't have stepped a foot into school today.

She tapped her pen on the table, leaning back and then leaning forward as Tope stepped into the hall, glossy red smile in place as she stopped to greet their course mates already seated, her best friend was put together as usual, wearing a shimmery purple top over black palazzo trousers and red flat shoes that matched the shade of her lips.

Across the hall, Grace caught Tope's eyes and turned away quickly, her chest tightened. She was considering avoiding Tope too even though she wasn't her stupid boyfriend, she was more afraid of Sanmi getting through Tope to make her forgive him.

When Grace had returned home after spending the night at Kendrick's, she had received a tongue lashing from Raymond Ilori and for once, his hateful words hadn't pierced through her skin and when he had threatened to kick her outside, she had dared him to. She could still remember how his mouth had dropped open before proceeding to carry out his threat.

It had taken the intervention of their neighbours for him to let her back in and Grace had been pissed and frowning, the look she had shot Sanmi when he tried to talk to her had sent him scurrying back.

Now none of that anger was present, it was fear that she would forgive him that now bloomed in her chest, Tope could make her see reason and she didn't want to.