chapter four: happy together

Chan and Minho became friends again. They were closer than ever and no one dared to intrude when they were with each other. Well, except for Jisung.

Jisung was still Minho's boyfriend and Minho knew that he still had his own share of responsibilities in their relationship, although he barely even had time for the younger.

Minho was always with Chan and he refused to leave his side. He was obsessed of the thought of being with Chan and he had no idea how to stop it.

He rarely leaves his side and he always felt like keeping Chan company was the most normal thing that he had to do. Heck, even every conversation with Jisung was about Chan and it didn't last long before the younger snapped.

"I've had enough, Minho! I'm breaking up with you!" Minho looked at Jisung, shock evident in his eyes. He searched for anything that may suggest that Jisung was joking but, there was none at all.

"But, why Jisung?" Jisung just scoffed at Minho's question.

"Isn't it obvious, Minho? Were you too blind to notice that from the day Chan broke up with his man, you started acting like he was your boyfriend and that I never even existed?!"

Jisung tried to stop the tears from falling but he ended up failing miserably. He was hurt and he knew he didn't deserve any of these.

"What do you mean, Jisung? Chan had always been just a friend to me!  Why are you acting like that?" Minho said, he was too dumb to realize what he had done wrong.

"Huh, a friend, Minho? Are you really kidding me? Do you know why I'm acting like this, huh? Do you really want to know why I'm acting like... what, Minho? Acting like someone who's so freaking jealous because his boyfriend likes his friend more than him?

Acting like-like a drama queen who seeks for attention just because he had lost to his greatest enemy? Acting like someone who just wants to be loved back by the one that he cares for the most? Acting like a depressed idiot that craves for someone's warmth that they once had but lost? Acting like a complete bastard because his boyfriend doesn't love him anymore? What, Minho? Do you think I'm a fool? Tell me!"

Jisung felt his whole body shaking. He didn't deserve any of this. He was so mad but he knew that he still loved Minho. It was painful for him to break up with Minho but, he felt that it was the best thing to do.

Minho was happier when he was with Chan, and Jisung felt it. He missed the times when he and Minho will just talk and laugh all day, he didn't even notice that from the day Chan broke up with his boyfriend, he started crying his way to sleep. He was too jealous of him.

Minho stared at Jisung. It was a painful sight, he never saw this kind of Jisung and now that he saw it, he wished that he never even got to see it. It hurt him, why? Because Minho still loves Jisung.

"Jisung I-, please stop this. You know that I love you, right?"

"Love, Minho? Come on! Even a fool will know (igeon baborado ara~) that you love Chan more than anything else just by the way you stare. Do you really want me to believe you now? If you do, then you're probably out of your mind."

Jisung packed up his stuff, he's been living together with Minho for almost five years but now that he finally realized that he wasn't the top priority, he just couldn't take it anymore.

A part of him wanted to stay and convince Minho to keep his distance from Chan but, he knew too well that Minho won't agree. His eyes bursted out with more tears, he was too jealous of Chan.

Why can't Minho just love him the same way? If he had known that Minho will love his friends more than his own boyfriend, then he should have just stayed as friends with Minho.

Minho tried to stop Jisung from packing all his stuff but he just can't, Jisung was too determined to leave him. He watched as the love of his life started to walk towards the door. When he realized that Jisung was really leaving him, he didn't know what to do.

He ran towards him and hugged him from behind, Jisung tried to run away from him but Minho's grip was just too tight.

He struggled in between Minho's arms, but he was too weak. Jisung's energy was already drained yet he still had to go through this. In the end, he just gave up and cried while Minho was hugging him from behind.

Minho's heart broke, he didn't know that Jisung will feel this way and he had to admit that he was at fault this time. He leaned his head against the squirrel boy's shoulder and started to talk.

"I'm sorry."

That one sentence made the younger's heart soften. His anger started to drain, it was as if his heart and mind automatically forgave him. Minho removed his arms from Jisung and walked so that they were facing each other.

Once again, Minho wrapped his arms around the younger's small frame, all he wanted to do for now was to comfort him. He wanted to let Jisung know that he was loved, someone was loving him and that someone was Minho.

"I should've known what you felt. I'm so sorry, Sungie. I was too inconsiderate, I was too dumb and selfish. Please forgive me."

Minho hugged him tighter, it was almost suffocating. Jisung leaned his head on Minho's shoulder and started crying, but this time he was also smiling.

The apology wasn't needed anymore because Jisung knew that he needs Minho more than anything. 'I still love him so much.', Jisung thought to himself.

Minho felt Jisung hug him back and before he even knew it, Jisung's hug triggered his tears. He was crying with Jisung now, and it wasn't the sad type of cry.

He was relieved, he felt the weight that he had been carrying get out of his chest. Jisung will stay. Minho was too happy, Jisung won't leave him.

The two cuddled all night, warm and cozy in each other's embrace. To Minho, it felt like nothing will ever go wrong but, Jisung was feeling otherwise. Jisung was more scared now, he failed to leave Minho and if he was stopped once, he can also be stopped for the second time.

He feared that he may love Minho to the point that he'll fail to break up with him even if Minho loved Chan and cared for him more than him.

"Can you please do me a favor, Minho?" Jisung said with a bit of hesitation in his voice. He wanted to be loved by Minho and he knew that he was asking too much but, he just had to do it.

He won't take the risk, he was to scared to, so he had to make Minho get it away for him.

"What is it, Sungie? I'll do anything for you, baby." Minho said with a smile. A smile that Jisung wanted to be his forever. Jisung looked down for a bit, thinking if he should really say it, but then again he just had to. He didn't want to lose Minho and if Minho didn't want to lose him either, he would listen and agree.

"Please stay away from Chan. The farther the better. I just don't want to see this situation again. What if I lose you for real when I get jealous again? I don't want that to happen because I love you, Minho. So please, stay away from Chan. I know that I'm probably asking for too much right now but, please. I don't want to lose you."

Jisung said while clutching onto Minho's shirt, he only wanted to have him by his side but, he felt so selfish. Was he asking for something that Minho can't give?

The room stayed silent. Jisung looked up to Minho to see the smile that he wanted to protect a moment ago gone. It seemed that Minho was thinking whether to give Jisung what he wanted or not.

He was procrastinating and it was not that best thing that he had done so far. Minho thought, 'I don't wanna lose Jisung either.', he was thinking the same thing that Jisung thought.

Jisung already knew it, he was going to get rejected. "It's okay if you don't want to. It's perfectly fine if you don't want-"

"No." Jisung was shocked at what Minho said. He knew it, Minho was not going to accept his request. It was too much for him. Of course he'd choose Chan over him. Bros before hoes, right? He knew it but he didn't believe the already predicted reality. He was too dumb to even-

"I'll stay away from Chan from now on."

Minho said with determination in his tone, making Jisung's eyes widen.