Chapter 8

Shopping part one

Third-person pov

Everyone was getting ready for the day of shopping even little Draco was getting ready for shopping and cleaning his room. Severus and Lucius were packing a bag for Draco and Harry although it was mostly for Harry. They did not know how he was going to handle large crowds and handle all the testing they needed to do on him. 

Harry was still asleep in Severus and Lucius' bed. They did not want to wake him up yet because he had two really bad nightmares and had a hard time going back to sleep both times. Severus and Lucius were worried about Harry and how much trauma he has been through in such a short lifetime. 

Severus woke Harry up to get him ready for him to go shopping. He dressed him in blue overalls with a green shirt and tennis shoes. Harry was still not fully awake so he didn't know what was going on. Severus picked him up and walked to the dining room so Harry could get some breakfast.

Harry was still not fully awake whatsoever. Severus could see this so he asked an elf to get a bottle ready for him so he can give it to Harry. Harry took the bottle and cuddled Severus. Lucius walked in and smiled at the sight he saw. He put the bag of stuff they would need for Harry and Draco down and he sat next to Severus and Harry.

Lucius played with Harry's wild hair to slowly woke him up. Harry loved the feeling of Lucius playing with his hair and how Severus was always so careful with him. He felt so loved by everyone so far. He just hoped he would spend today cuddling with his new mommy and daddy. Once Harry was done drinking his bottle Severus burped him and held him close to him and also got him his stuffed elephant which Harry held close to him. 

Then it was time to go shopping. Severus was kinda worried about how Harry would take to traveling through floo. Severus was going to take Harry with him, Lucius was going to take Draco and Tom was going to take the backpack with all their stuff they need and apparate because he hates the floo travel, which is understandable.

Lucius and Draco went first. Draco gave Harry a small wave to good luck. Then Lucius grabbed the powder and they floo away in green flames. Harry finally woke up and looked scared. Severus held him tighter and moved his robe over Harry a little more.

"Ok, Harry I know this is scary but you need to keep calm and I will not let anything hurt you ok little one," Severus said looking at Harry. Harry nodded and cuddle deeper into Severus's robes.

Severus steps into the fireplace and grabs the powder. He held Harry tighter and pulled his robe over him more. Then Severus threw the floo powder down and they were both pulled into a tight tube. Harry started to cry and wiggled in Severus' hold. He did not like being in this tight tube. Then they were out of the tube and landed on solid ground.

Severus knew this would happen. So he steps out of the fireplace so he could better handle Harry. Severus bounced Harry up and down and talked to him calming him. Lucius also helped by rubbing his back and talked to him too. After about five minutes Harry calm down and got out of Severus' robes.

Draco smiled at Harry and waved at him. Harry also waved and smiled at Draco. Severus and Lucius smiled at the boys and then they walked into the shopping area in Diagon Alley. Harry looked so shocked at all the colors, building shapes, and all the people around them with weird clothes.

After about five minutes of walking and looking at the shopping and looking for the right story. They went inside Lucius took Draco to get fitted to get more clothes. Severus tried to put Harry down but Harry was not in the mood for it. Then a lady came up to them with a smile.

"How can I help you today?" The lady said with a smile.

"Yes, you can. My son needs a whole new wardrobe for a four-year-old and can you also throw in some baby onesies for boys, please," Severus said with a smile but he also whispers the last part. The lady just smiled and looked at Harry who needed to be measured for his clothes. 

Severus put Harry down finally and told him that he will be back in his arms after he was done. The lady measured Harry while using magic to help. Then she said she was done and Harry run to Severus with grabbing hands. Severus pick him up and put him on his hip. Then he told the lady what he wanted in Harry's wardrobe. The lady nodded her head and said that it would be ready in two hours.

Severus and Hary found Lucius and Draco in the back of the store with a pile of clothes that Draco wanted. Lucius looked at Severus and smiled. "Did you find everything and was Harry good?" Lucius asked rubbing Harry's back getting a small smile out of Harry.

"Yes, we did. A worker will have everything ready in two hours and he was very good," Severus said with a smile looking at Lucius and then at Harry.

"That's good. Why don't you two go get some stuff for Harry's room and we will meet you there when we are done checking out," Lucius said kissing Harry's head and Severus's cheek.

"Ok will do. There should be a store about three doors down," Severus said turning around and walking out the door. He was walking down the street looking for the furniture store. He found one and he walked in. Then he walked around looking at beds. "Harry honey do you want to pick out your bed?"

"Umm yeah," Harry said shyly. Severus put him down and Harry walked around at all the beds. Then he found one he liked. It was a full bed with a canopy bed with dark wood around it. He climbs on it and lays down. Severus smiled at this and looked at the bedroom set. He liked it all and he knows Harry already loved it. A worker came by and asked if he could help.

Severus and the worker talked about protection charms that would be put on the bed to keep Harry safe and to make sure no one takes him. At this time Tom found Severus talking to a worker and Harry laying in a full-size bed. He was almost asleep. When Tom picks him up. Harry whined but when he saw it was Tom he was happy and held on to him tight. Severus turn and saw Tom once he was done talking to the working about everything.

"We are done here Tom and we still have time to get Harry some toys and know what kind of theme he would like in his room," Severus said looking at Tom.

"That's good. Did you get his wardrobe already?" Tom asked.

"Yes, we did. We have an hour left to get them and we just got to wait for his bedroom set to be done and checked then we can be on our way," Severus said.

"That's fine maybe Harry and I can do that while you wait. Wait where are Lucius and Draco?" Tom said looking around.

"I guess they are still shopping you know how Lucius and Draco are with clothes and I would also guess they are picking more clothes for Harry," Severus said rolling his eyes.

Tom nodded his head and then told Severus that they were leaving to look for the toy store. Severus smiled and said that he will be there soon. Once they left the store Lucius and Draco met them at the door. Tom told them that they were going to the toy store. They nodded and followed them to the toy store. After about a five-minute walk they found the toy store and they walked in. Harry was so shocked when he saw all the toys and stuffies all over the place. 

----------

published: 08/22/2020

edited: 05/01/2021