Sharp Words

Makoto managed to get back into his dorm quietly, finishing his food and then getting into bed. He was too tired from that confrontation and unpacking to change, so he just rolled over and slept.

The morning came quicker than expected, Makoto's phone alarm was blaring. He woke up startled, unsure of what his environment was. It took him a moment to realize he was at UA. Makoto sat up, wiping his eyes and pausing for a moment. It was rather early, although he didn't mind. This way he could shower and get ready in peace.

He turned towards the bed, getting up briefly and stretching out his back. He grabbed his phone, checking it for a brief moment. No new messages? That was odd, he was sure his mom would've messaged him sometime last night at least. Makoto shook it off, going to his closet and pulling out his uniform. He'd only tried it on a few times to make sure it fit, he wasn't exactly used to the concept of uniforms. His old school didn't exactly require them.

Makoto grabbed the uniform and shoved it into his shower bag, moving towards the door. Brown boxes still littered his dorm, he'd have to take them down later. He opened the door, quietly walking down the hall. He eventually managed to find his way to the showers, entering the men's room and finding a stall.

Makoto's situation was a bit different from most, and the staff of UA was informed of that. He had a key to the staff shower, but it felt unnecessary. He continued on with his morning, washing himself and getting dressed in his uniform, he quickly stepped out of the shower. Brushing his teeth and fixing his hair in the mirror. Then he was off, back to his room. Makoto put his dirty clothes in a laundry basket and moved to organizing his school bag. I'm over preparing, he thought, shuffling through his notebooks. He needed to just calm down, maybe some tea would help? Although he wasn't sure if the dorms carried tea, he would even take coffee at this point. Makoto made his way back to the kitchen, finding an extra mug and the kettle he used last night.

Now for the tea, he thought, searching around the cabinets. Eventually he found a pack of Earl Grey, which wasn't the best, although he'd make due with what he had. Soon he had a hot cup of tea and moved his way into the living room.

It was rather early, Makoto was already for school which was odd. He was nervous to see the other students arrive downstairs, although he figured if he acted himself things would be somewhat normal. Hopefully they won't think I'm an ass for not answering the door, he thought, taking a sip out of his mug. Soon footsteps erupted from nearby, students were sure to be here soon. As expected, the first two students he met were rather strange. A green haired boy with odd freckles, and a rather tall one with glasses. Makoto pretended not to see them, flipping through his phone. Although they didn't do the same.

"You must be the new student right? Susuki right?" The green haired boy said, Makoto was a bit taken back by the forwardness.

"Yeah, and you are?" He said with a slight smile, the green looked a bit panicked.

"Midoriya, and my friend's name is Iida."

Makoto looked towards the other boy, who was already shooting his way over.

"Hello Suzuki! As our new classmate I'll do my best to make sure you feel welcomed-"

"Thanks," Makoto quickly cut Iida off, he leaned back in his seat. "You can just call me Makoto, I'm not exactly used to being called Suzuki." He mentioned, putting his hand on the back of his neck.