Author's Notes

This story is a fan fiction based on the The Ghost Bird series by C.L. Stone. I don't own any of her original characters or the details behind the Academy. This is merely a playground I'm playing in.

That being said, I am fairly new to the world of the Academy. I've read the Ghost Bird series but only up to halfway through the second book in the Scarab Beetle series. I may get details wrong from time to time, although I do try to dig for information if I'm using something from the source material. Don't hesitate to tell me if I got something wrong (I assure you, at some point I'll get the rules or the technology all jumbled up). I fell hard and fast for the series but it actually started with the fan fiction community here on Wattpad. So here I am. Bumbling it up.

What can I say? I love reverse harems.

This fic will involve the Blackbourne Team but not Sang. I love her, but I wanted to play with a different dynamic. I've written (band) fan fiction before on a different site but I've never done anything with pre-existing characters so this is going to be a new horizon for me. Creating an entirely new female protagonist puts this a little more into my normal wheelhouse. There will be similarities between Sang and Wren, but I'm hoping she'll be her own character.

Possible Trigger Warnings

* Physical Abuse

* Excessive alcohol use (adult over the age of 21)

* Sexual Harassment

* Attempted Sexual Assault

* Potentially graphic consensual sex scenes 

The book isn't done, so there's a chance that trigger warnings will be added. I'll add them here and at least temporarily in the chapters they take place in if it's something new. I find author's notes at the top of chapters really distracting when I'm speed reading, so I try to not add them in. I understand some people prefer it and I hope this is a good middle ground.

I still haven't decided just how long this fic is going to be, so I don't know for sure if sexually explicit scenes are going to happen, but most likely they are. I know who I am. This story is listed as Mature because of that. I'd rather go in and change it back than have someone surprised 50 chapters from now if the story does end up leaning that way.

If you're interested, I have a playlist for this book! It's on Spotify: my username is mebowriter and it's called Carolina Wren. Most of the songs remind me of some aspect of Wren's relationship with individual guys, the rest are general songs. The songs don't necessarily line up with the guys' musical interests, but they are mine. Examples are: Work Song by Hozier for North, Flaws by Bastille for Owen, and Dig by Incubus for Nathan.