Chapter One: Her Reign (Ariceli's)

Authors Note: I personally prefer to picture my own characters, and how they look, but I have placed examples of how I believe my charters costuming to look, the picture above is Ariceli's and Veras Clothing, hair, and makeup for the first chapter. But not what Vera looks like just her hair. This book will be short chapters but many of them. 

All rights reserved. If I find my book stolen in any way, I will report it and I hope my readers will report it and inform me. This book is an original piece of work by me, SanctityInNightmares. While it does contain some song lyrics I promise that the song and the artist are listed within the story. 

Thank you all for reading up to this point. without further adu lets get on with the story!

I slammed my hand against my alarm clock, turned off the alarm and sat up with a grin. Today was the last ball I would attend in hopefully the next four years. It was my birthday celebration and then tomorrow I would be off on my training mission. I got up as Vera, my best friend and future Royal Beta walked into my room.

"Good morning, Princess" she grinned and teased me.

"Morning peasant," I replied grinning back at her as I walked toward the bathroom. "I'm going to shower if you want to pick out tonight's gowns?"

"Will do Ari!" she yelled back at me as I closed the bathroom door.

I started the shower and stepped into it doing my routine as I thought about Vera's excitement. She was always a little too excited for my parent's extravagant events, I think it was mostly because she could spend the whole night with her mate. She had met Cain at my eighteenth birthday celebration, she had turned eighteen a month before me and that is when werewolves are deemed ready to find their mates. Apparently, the gods and goddesses thought highschool was a necessary thing. But because she was in training like me to ascend to the royal throne she couldn't spend as much time as she would have liked with him, they had finished the mate bond and knew the responsibilities of becoming the Royal Beta pair, and I knew they weren't pleased with the idea of spending four long years apart but were pleased enough to know they were allowed visits between our travels of packs, since most packs lived 3-5 days apart from each other he could spend that time with us.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me before stepping up the sink and brushing my teeth and hair. "Ver! Undies please!" I yelled through the closed door before she stepped in and set clean garments on my counter closest to the door.

"Give you 10 and then start on hair and makeup?" She asked looking at me, I nodded in response before she turned back and left closing the door. We didn't mind seeing each other naked, we were practically sisters, and werewolves at that. You know the whole shift back into a human all your clothes are gone kind of thing. I quickly put on the underwear and tank top before continuing to towel dry my hair and Vera walked back in handing me a blow dryer. "By the time your thick head of hair is dry mine should be curled. Deal?" she grinned at me and I rolled my eyes before starting to blow dry my hair.

I watched her as she curled her long strawberry blonde hair before pinning it up on the side so the curls only fell down on her right shoulder. "Done," we spoke at the same time and giggled.

She quickly clipped my hair up in sections and started curling my hair layer by layer in loose ringlets, before stopping on the last layer and braiding it around my head in a thick braid in a way a crown would sit comfortably on my head. "Alright done, I set 3 choices on your bed, the green dress is mine," she spoke before digging through our shared collection of makeup.

I stared at the 3 dresses, A navy blue, a black, and a burgundy one lay on my bed, typically I would go for the black one but I was being drawn to the burgundy dress. I was born on the blood moon, after all, it was only fitting. Vera walked out with her eye makeup all done, it was gold with green on the inner and outer corner. "This one," I said holding up the burgundy dress.