Chapter Seven: Final Rejection (Alistar's)

I groaned and sat backstage roughly running my fingers through my thick blondish brown hair tugging at it slightly. My best friend Xander just stared at me worried leaning against a wall with his hand on his chin. "Okay, That is enough. What the hell is wrong dude," he spoke slightly irritated with my actions.

"My damn wolf is freaking out, and I have no clue if it is because this is the closest show we have played to my parents home, or perhaps we will be recognized, what if, just what if my family is here huh?" I groaned and fell back onto the black leather couch I was seated upon.

"Really that's why you are panicking? No one recognizes your singing voice, you will have your face covered. Do you want me to go check to see if anyone is out there that we know?" he asked worried but understandingly while sarcastically asking the last bit.

I growled at him slightly and sighed "It's not like I can just back out of this event now. We are already here and they know that."

"I mean I am sure I could come up with something to get you out of it, but I will go check anyways." Xander grinned.

"Do what you want, I'll try to clear my head" I waved my hand at him dismissively.

"Alright." He patted my back and left the room to head out towards the stage.

I sat forward again, my elbows resting on my knees as I rubbed my temples and tried to convince my wolf to actually talk to me instead of practically pace and panic. "We need to calm down, what wrong anyways, it's not like we can just run away because you are having a panic attack."

He growled "Shut up and wait, you will see." He replied in my head.

"Fine but calm down." I growled back.

"Fine." He growled back in response.

"Hey uhm... don't panic but your sister is here." Xander cautiously spoke into the mind link.

"Shit. Is it just her?" I groaned.

"From people we know yes, but she's with two hotties I have never seen and she asked about if you were here and was tempted to leave but they convinced her otherwise." He quickly replied. "I am going to start tuning, it's almost time, are you sure you can do this with her here?"

"Yes, if it is just Gabby and strangers I will be fine, if it was my brother or parents, I am afraid even you might not be able to find me after I bolt." I sighed and looked at the ceiling while listening to him chuckle in response to me.

"I can do this." I ran a hand through my hair once more before pulling the black fabric mask up to my nose and drawing a hood over my head covering my hair, all that was visible were my golden eyes. "We can do this." I further assured myself before walking out the big doors that lead to the stage.

"Hello everyone," I spoke calmly and confidently . "I hope you enjoy what we have put together for you tonight, and I feel like some of you human mates can relate to the words in our last song tonight," We made it through the whole set of songs and it was time for the last song of the night, one of my favorites. Freaks Like Us - Sleeping Wolf.

"You can tiptoe on the line of madness. Just be sure to watch your step at night. Creeping up beside you little mistress. They're coming to take your mind. Coming to take your mind. Fall into the dream. Time is a fantasy. If you just believe. Just believe, just believe. Do you want to be freaks like us? Keep on getting lost in the rush. Call it a habit, I gotta have it. Playing it safe is not enough" I eyed the crowd slowly singing, until I saw Gabby, she looked up at both of us and was smiling brightly, then I glanced at the reddish blonde hair girl to see her mindlessly chatting with the table and munching on fries. It was then that I glanced at the final girl at the table and had to quickly compose myself before I stumbled over my words. "Mate." My wolf quickly whispered. Her eyes were glowing a bright silver, I have never seen that kind of reaction to the mate bond, I quickly looked away and continued until the song was over.