Chapter Eight: The Witch and The Bitch (Ariceli )

I suddenly shot up from the bed panting, bright white lights and walls blinding my already blurred vision, my arms felt tethered to something behind me and sharp pinches could be felt in my arms. A loud obnoxious beeping rang through my eardrums, at the rhythm of my heartbeat that was also pounding throughout my skull giving me a worsening headache.

"Ari!" I could hear a familiar voice, a soft echo ringing more into my ears. "Ari, Lay your ass back down and let your body adjust." She spoke like a mother reprimanding their child for getting out of bed in the middle of the night, despite not wanting to, I listened to the 'request' and laid back down as my senses came back to me.

"Where the hell am I, Vera." I groaned out.

"The hospital bitch, wanna tell us what the hell was going on two days ago," she growled probably annoyed she got there as late as she did and that she couldn't protect me sooner. I shot back up staring at her dumb founded.

"TWO DAYS? Wait, who is us?" I looked around the room and saw two more faces, Gabby and my dear friend Maevis the witch.

"Vera! Language!" Maevis scolded her. "I already told you, this is the effects of powers coming in, you said her eyes glowed? You told me she mentioned a mate? You know that guy whose death you have thought over a thousand times?" she looked between us, her voice was always soothing and motherly, and everyone was sucked into listening to her every word like flies to honey.

"You mean my..." Gabby looked around and peaked at the door before whispering "My long lost, disowned brother Ms. Maevis."

"Oh yes that is the one." She smiled and nodded like she was proud of herself for remembering and I just stared at them all confused. "Now don't worry Ari, I know where he is, you remember my brother Belasko right hun?"

"My mate, is your brother." I pointed at Gabby as she nodded in conformation, "You tried to kill him." I looked over at Vera who simply shrugged, "And you sent your insane brother off to not only find him but watch him, all while I have been out cold for gods know why for two days?" I finally settled back staring at Maevis, watching as she tied her curly black and midnight purple hair up in a ponytail.

"If it makes you feel better he's not human at the moment, but yes Bel is watching him with a birds eye view, and let me tell you, he has been a strange one to watch. Constantly pacing and talking to himself. I know his story, but I think it would be better for you to hear it from him." she smiled and sat on the corner of the hospital bed. "Here let me get these IV's out of your arm," she spoke softly while removing the IV needles from the inside of my elbow, there was no need to apply a bandaid as I would barely bleed before healing.

"I will add that to my to do list." I rolled my eyes and spoke sarcastically. "What is this about powers?"

Now was Maevis' turn to look shocked "Are you telling me your parents NEVER told you what would happen when you met your mate? About the powers your family has? Have you never once questioned why every species is your ally?"

"I simply assumed we were allies because we were all royals? And no if I knew about some powers I wouldn't be asking you now would I." I glared at her.

"Your eyes glowing once you see your mate because they are starting to surface, when you complete the bond his wolf will change immensely. Well assuming you can convince him to stop fearing your rejection. From what I have gathered he doesn't like to be challenged and is up for deals. I propose you call Bel, ask him to lead you to your mate and you strike up a deal with him. You need him in your presence for 30 days. Also your father has approved you taking Easton, so since your mate was born into this pack you will need to tell Authur you are taking both with you if Alistar accepts a deal." She spoke slowly trying to help me piece anything together. "Once we get you back to the castle I will start helping you train to use these powers, I wish I could tell you what you have, but it's all random, you have whatever you need for your reign and that we do not know yet."

Gabby's jaw hit the floor as she looked at Vera and I with sudden realisation "Oh. My. Gods. You are the next ruler?!"

"Wolfs out of the bag now." Vera looked at me and sighed. "Yes, She is Princess Ariceli Adromidous Valicain. Yes, you can come visit us. No you can't tell anyone else and I will require you to do a blood oath with me if you don't want either of the witches to wipe your memory of this event." Vera looked at her with an eyebrow raised, her head tilted slightly to the side.

"Ali is going to freak guys, our father disowned him, he was next in line to be the Alpha of this pack, he disdains Alpha's and I have no clue what he will do if he realises you are the princess Ari. I will do anything to help and if a blood oath is what you need to believe me I will do that." She looked back at Vera and then at me.

"Believe me the last thing I want to start with is 'hey I am a royal, I demand you come back to the castle with me and learn to become king. Okay, thanks.' I don't want him to know until necessary." I looked back at Gabby.

"If you can convince him to strike a 30 day blood oath, your biggest hurdle will be my father, he will have a riot." She shook her head both sad and scared.

"Good thing she's the princess then, he can't deny her if she demands. Can He Mae?" Vera grinned looking at the witch.

"As a royal, Ari is the alpha of all the alpha's only wolves that can deny her demand is her mate and her parents." Maevis looked up thinking. "Actually I don't think Ali can deny until marked, sure he can fight it but it will still have an effect on him."

"So what should be the plan?" I asked them all nervously, for the first time in my life I was nervous. I was on edge over how striking up a deal with my mate would be, there were too many possible outcomes and I was aiming for the ones where he would agree.

"I call for my brother. Bel takes you to where Alistar is at. You keep the charm on unless we need the royal decree. You make an offer Alistar can not refuse. If needed to get him here, seeing his 'fear' of his father and this place, either Bel or myself will bind him so he can not move but we can move him. You in the presence of his father, Arthur , will be taking both him and Easton back to join the pack. Assuming it goes off without a hitch we can be on the road within hours." she spoke quickly and shrugged while smiling.

I looked up at her with new found determination "Vera, get me a change of clothing, one that would have any man do a double-take. Gabby, go inform Easton that he needs to pack and say his goodbyes, but he will return if he wishes after training, tell him Vera wants to personally train him back home in our pack. Maevis Call Belasko, I want both the Bellafonte's to have vision on me and my mate when I go to meet him."