Family-For Whom I'll Give My All

This chapter features practically most people's OTP of Danmachi. Enjoy the shot!

Aiz Wallenstein, also known as the Sword Princess, was known throughout Orario as the mightiest sword-wielding Adventurer. Her serious-looking, almost expressionless face complimented by some kind of menacing aura as well as an exemplary-level swordsmanship didn't leave too much for imagination.

A calmer, wiser and braver (not Finn) people, or those that are oblivious to these facts would maybe have a different kind of description for her. Some of those in the market stalls, restaurants, or just average Joe's would probably just describe her as a lovely blonde girl whose beauty was pretty much on par with Goddesses, which, let's be honest, wasn't wrong in any way. Others knowing her for longer would describe her overall physical and psychological prowess as akin to a doll, a princess, or maybe both, judging again on her appearance in general and also her lack of actual expressive traits.

Years passed, and yet those descriptions didn't come even close to being "expired" or "irrelevant" to depict her. Now twenty-eight years of age, the Sword Princess still retained most, if not all, her aforementioned physical and psychological traits, whether her being the most talented swordswoman, a beautiful adult comparable to goddesses of beauty, or a rather expressionless doll-like individual which made it hard to guess how she was feeling at the moment.

At least, that's how it applied to most people in the vicinity of the Dungeon City, Orario.

For some other few, notably her relatives, close friends, and naturally her inner circle in general, they would depict her in a rather dissimilar description, well, at least not entirely different. It's just, there's another tag that could apply to her but remained mostly unidentifiable to the ones that didn't know her well enough.

That being said...

---

"For God's sake, Sword Princess..."

A figure commented on the scene in front of him...a blur tearing through unlucky monsters in the dungeon, most didn't even know what hit them. The 'massacre' unfolding in front him continued to feast on more and more victims before it really stopped, leaving behind a single figure that had already been mentioned for numerous amount of times, as well as a gruesome pile of monsters that eventually met their fate in such a display. Verily, 'gruesome' might actually be an understatement.

The whole event just left the figure with astonishment, but accompanying the expression is also a palm to his face.

"We have to hurry...Bell's Smith..."

"Okay, okay, but...is all of this really necessary?" The figure asked, still feeling a little bit nauseous from the dead monsters. "And is it too hard for you to just call me by Welf?"

"Eh, knowing Ais, it IS necessary." A cheery voice joined the two, leaping towards them with twin swords in her hand. "And I agree with Ais, we have to hurry, we're still having a long way to go."

"Okay, but please let me reiterate what my concern is, okay?" Welf deadpanned at the blonde and the other figure, which turned out to be a short-haired familiar Amazon. "We go all the way into this dungeon...TO fight the motherflipping UDAEUS, only for getting his sword, and that's only to make equipment for Ais' son, right?" 

"Of course that's true." The Amazon replied. "I mean, it's for Ais' and Mr. Argonaut's son!"

"But, getting equipment made from a Level 6 Boss just for a kid who's just starting his first ever Dungeon Dive." Welf sighed. "Doesn't it feel like a bit...no...WAY TOO much?"

"It isn't. It will be worth it." The blonde now answered. "I just don't want him to be on the same boat as Bell at his first adventure."

"Bell's adventure is already uncommon if I have to be honest with you..." Welf sighed before continuing. "But okay...at least I already voiced out my concerns..."