=Prologue

[][][][][] wasn't born as you'd typically expect from a child

In fact, [][][][][] wasn't a normal child in the first place.

UTB Monsters were never considered normal, even if they had been around for centuries. Their birth was frowned upon.

Although, monsters weren't really born. Just spawned into the pocket dimension of UTB and trained for their first year of existence before they're tethered to a house for the rest of their lives.

Or until they're killed by religious practices once they were discovered to adults.

If not killed after discovery, they were trapped out of the pocket dimension leading to Ultuan; the level of hell UTB Monsters came from. They were shunned and shut out, and if a monster goes without entering Ultuan once and awhile, they fade away.

In result, [][][][][]'s birth wasn't anything special; because he had no set purpose other than existing to scare humans and later die. Though, in comparison to everyone else spawned in Ultuan.

He was different, unique, unusual.

[][][][][] wasn't ok with having to scare the people who he was assigned to at birth. The idea of being feared completely upset him; made him sick to his stomach and sometimes resulted in physical outbursts from the monster.

He hated the idea of being feared, and everybody shunned him for it.

Thankfully for [][][][][], he had met another group of UTB Monsters that hated being feared— for the most part.

They called themselves the Hermits, because they lived in seclusion compared to everybody else in their society. They were the outcast.

None of them had names yet, they weren't allowed to give themselves names. So [][][][][] found a way behind it.

He remembered the mismatched eyes and robotic features of [][][]

The bright purple eyes of [][][][][][] and the 'X' scar across his face, along with his white-haired twin [][][][][][][]

How [][][] was the only werewolf monster he knew and how [][][][][] was the only monster with a useable set of white, angel with across his back.

[][][][] was the zombie of their group, [][][][] had gotten his human early and was constantly telling the group stories of how nice 'Etho'; his human, was to keep everyone's spirits up on bad days.

[][][][] was a bit harder to tell from [][][][][][], but the male was constantly talking about the time his 'father' came home with a cat stolen from the human world; which he called Jellie.

[][][][][] felt like he belonged with them.

They spent their learning years together, reassuring each other every time one of them felt like they were broken for being this way that it wasn't a flaw. and when life tethered them to a house, they didn't let it stop them from seeing each other.

-

"My human gave me a name today."

Everybody's heads turned to stare at [][][][], a smile had grown on her face as she watched everyone's expressions shift through emotions.

[][][] smiled at her and she smiled back. The group knew names were important to monsters; especially young ones. It somewhat symbolizes trust, and it gives the monsters more power. []i[][]ma got his name recently

"Don't leave us waiting!" Xisuma said.

"Joe gave me the name Cleo."

[][][][][] blinked, confusion on his face for a moment, wings flapping softly in confusion before he muttered a small 'oh' to himself. "That name suits you really well!"

Everyone else agreed with him, and it wasn't long before the conversation flipped to another topic.

[][][][][] smiled slightly and sighed softly to himself, leaning against the wall by his back as he shut his eyes.

His human still didn't know he even existed, while all of his friend's humans knew about them and were relatively friendly with them. [][][]'s human, Bdubs, was an exception; since he wasn't huge on the idea of something under his bed while he tried to sleep. The two argued a lot in result.

But other than that, they knew each other.

[][][][][] didn't even know his human's name.

He sighed softly and curled in on himself a bit, allowing himself to tune out his friends as he mentally made the establishment that he was becoming the outcast in the group of outcasts.

[][][][][] shut his eyes with small huff.

Maybe one day he'd learn his human's name.

And maybe one day, he'd get his own name too.