Chapter III: New Girl

━•✦.✧. Summary .✧.✦•━━

Newt comes to terms with his feelings. Years go by, Theseus and (Y/N) part ways. Leta enters the picture and Paris seems to be calling them.

━•✦.✧. Warnings .✧.✦•━━

* Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald spoilers!

* Another Hamilton reference~! (It's small, but you'll catch it)

* LETA REDEMPTION (Because all we really need is to talk things out like adults.)

* I had to make up some wizard version of "distance bracelets"

* In this house, we stan healthy mutual breakups. None of that over-dramatized stuff. (Although those types of breakups are usually the norm)

* ANGST ( I think )

mentions of alcohol and using alcohol as a coping mechanism (it's not descriptive, it's just one sentence, but I'm putting the warning anyway)

* mentions of an anxiety attack

* LOTS of time skips (I do apologize, this chapter takes place during 1921/1922 to 1927)

* Victoria said Bisexual rights~

━━━━━━•✦.✧.☾.✧.✦•━━━━━

"Just know that before Theseus... It was always you."

(Y/N)'s last words echoed in his head for quite a while. What did she mean "It was always you"?

"It's not like I liked her or anything." He mumbled to the Bowtruckle resting on his shoulder.

Pickett chirped as if to say "Yes you do!"

Newt scoffed. "It's not like I like the way her eyes light up like stars when she's excited! O-Or the way she plays with the ends of her sleeve when she's nervous! Or how I know she likes milk and honey in her tea..." He sighed and leaned against the wall of the shed.

"I don't like her... I don't wonder what it'd be like to wrap my arms around her when I finally kiss her. I don't wonder what it'd be like to hold her hand and walk the town. And I don't wonder what life would be like for us if I told her that I..." Newt ran his hand through his hair. "No... I don't like her..."

He looked at Pickett, "I love her..."

The Bowtruckle nodded.

"But she's with Theseus now... And if he makes her happy... Then I'm happy for both of them."

•✦.✧.🔎.✧.✦•

It took a while for Newt to come to terms with his feelings. A year to be exact. He had his research and creatures to keep him busy. Though it didn't help when his mind would wander to thoughts of (Y/N).

He had to face his feelings like a grown-up. Newt finally wrote her a letter, apologizing for his behavior on that day. To his surprise, she wrote back.

My Dearest, Newton

It's been so long, but there was never a day where I'd hope and wait for one of your letters. I would've waited for as long as it took- forever even. Now, I would've written to you first, but that would've rushed things on your end and I didn't want that. I wanted to give you time. Merlin knows how stubborn you can be.