Ending No. 2: She's So Gone

•✦.✧. Author's Note.✧.✦•

Ending No. 2

Bittersweet Ending

•✦.✧. Summary .✧.✦•

Sometimes one needs to part ways with the people who used to make them happy. At some point, one needs to let go.

•✦.✧. Warnings .✧.✦•

* Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald spoilers!
* Angst
* Follows canon to a certain point
* Character Death

•✦.✧.☾.✧.✦•

"Grindelwald! Stop!" Leta yelled.

Grindelwald caught sight of Leta.

"Leta..." Theseus whispered.

"This one I believe I know," said Grindelwald.

Theseus made an effort of will, making his way toward Leta, determined to reach her.

Grindelwald moved toward her through the flames as Theseus fought closer, desperate to reach her before Grindelwald did.

"Leta Lestrange. Despised entirely amongst wizards. Unloved, mistreated, yet brave. So very brave. Time to come home." He stretched out his hand.

She hesitated, contemplating.

He looked at her, eyes narrowed.

Leta looked toward Victoria and (Y/N). Her best friends. They didn't agree all the time, but they knew they always worked well together. "Take care of each other... Like you always have."

She then looked toward Theseus and Newt, who was watching her, stunned.

"I love you..." She then pointed her wand at the skull in Rosier's hands, which exploded.

Rosier was knocked backward and Grindelwald was momentarily obscured in a whirl of chaos.

"GO! GO!" Leta yelled before the fire engulfed her.

Theseus went wild and tried to dive after her, but Newt grabbed him and they Disapparated.

Seeing that the brothers left the mausoleum, Victoria tried making her way towards Leta.

"Victoria! We need to go!" (Y/N) yelled, grabbing Victoria's arm and Disapparating.

The fire, mirroring Grindelwald's rage, exploded, chasing them.

"I hate Paris," Grindelwald muttered.

~*~*~

Outside the Père Lachaise Cemetery, Newt and Theseus, (Y/N) and Victoria, Tina with Jacob, and Kama with Nagini all Apparated out from the amphitheater. The black fire pursued them like a many-headed hydra, erupting out of every mausoleum.

Nicolas Flamel arrived at last with the cemetery on the verge of destruction. The fire Grindelwald had unleashed is out of control. It formed dragon-like creatures intent on destruction.

"TOGETHER! In a circle, your wand into the earth, or all Paris will be lost!" Flamel instructed.

"Finite!" Newt and Theseus.