PART THREE

I sat across from him, secretly watching him eat

I sat across from him, secretly watching him eat. He hadn't noticed me, well at least I don't think he had. His method of eating was beautiful. I had never really watched someone eat before. As the fork came up to his mouth, his eyes would scrunch together, almost as if he was being blinded. Dimples appeared on his cheeks when he chews. it was attractive and I felt the urge to look away.

"how old are you" he questioned me between chews of his breakfast.
"I'm 23" I looked away quickly as he broke eye contact with his food and onto me.
"I'm 26"

we just sat in complete silence after that. I was hoping he would speak again, but I could not muster up the confidence to ask him anything myself. “I’m going to go get you some clothes” I announced. Harry didn’t reply and I scoffed. So rude. I wondered across to the room, my hand hovered over the door handle as I thought back to my brother. He should never had run off like that. He ruined my life for a while, my brother was the kindest soul. Who got caught up in the wrong things. I don't even know if he's still alive. Despite his absence I would still be the first person he would call. Not me though, I figure out my messes by myself. I pushed the door, letting the cool air of the room wash over my tired features. It was refreshing. But the light reminance of his cologne made me feel sick to the bone.

"No max I'm not coming back for a while, I was injured and I'm in a safe place. No they won't find me here. No I'm not in danger. Don't forget the deal tomorrow at 6"

My hand froze over the draw of tracksuit bottoms. What deal? What even is a deal? Drugs? I sighed, picking up a sweater and walking back into the room.

"Heres some clothes" I fake smiled stuffing the clothes in front of him and walking back to my room. Rolling my eyes and sighing every now and again.

"Ane, can I use your bathroom?" I was sat on my bed minding my own buisness.
"go ahead"
"Thanks" he opened the door a tad and peeked around the corner, I couldn't help but laugh as he kept on disappearing and appearing, changing faces each time.
"Go shower dork, there's some blue towels under the counter"
"Okiee" he skipped through my room, huming as he went along. The door to the bathroom slowly shut and I could hear him grunting in pain as he removed his clothes and bandages. I felt bad for not helping, but before I could offer, the shower was on, and a melodic voice ran from the bathroom. He was singing a fleetwood mac song, and i instantly recognised it as dreams. I got all excited and practically jumped off my bed, quickly marching over to my guitar. Flinging the strap over my shoulder and playing the very familiar cords to me. I had learnt this song years ago and was one of my favourites to sing and perform. Harry went quiet for a moment before he continued, perfectly in time with me. We worked like clockwork, and and even continued as he turned off the shower. I was sat, with my back to the bathroom, I heard the door open and close, and Harrys voice became a lot clearer.

The song finnished, with my help for the melodies at the end. I turned to Harry who was stood in the doorway, top off, trousers a bit short and steam rising up from the shower behind him.
"You can sing" i stated. He nodded.
"And you can play guitar" I nodded.
"It's my dream" we both spoke at the same time. "You should come and sing at one of my little gigs"
"Really?"
"Yess! We'd make a good show"
"Can you help me actually"
"Depends" I smiled.
"Can you clean the cut on my back please?"
"On your back?" I must have missed it last night. I climbed of the bed, swinging my guitar over my shoulder and making my way to Harry. The gash was deep, so deep I'm surprised I didn't see it before. My heart began beating so fast I could feel it in my fingertips. "harry this needs professional care, I can't stitch"

He turned quickly on his heels, walking towards me with evil in his eyes, and i could almost feel it in his heart. I shivered and took steps backwards until my back hit the sharp cold of the sink. He kept coming towards me. "What did I tell you yesterday?" He menaced and I panicked, my head raking for the possible answers.
"Umm"
"Answer me!" I gasped and let out a terrified wimper, the kind of one a dog might make when cornered. His eyes went back to that soft Hazel and he took a step back. "Ane I'm so sorry" he looked at the floor, and guilt flooded his features. I was terrified, not of harry, but of the fact I could hardly keep my eyes from his lips that whole time.

"No hospitals" he nodded and looked at me with pleading eyes. "Harry do you trust me?"
"Yeah, yes I do"

I ran down the hall. "Careful love" harry shouted from behind. It amazed me how much his mood had changed. I grabbed my phone just as harry opened the living room door and pressed my favourite number.

"Hey smera, I need your help with someone important"
"Someome" she replied curiously, followed by a "oooooo"
"Yep bring your stich kit" and with that i hang up, looking at harry and smiling. He returned it.