CHAPTER SEVEN

We were back at Annie's place now. Surprisingly she still decided to link hands with me as we walked back from the park. We didn't speak much though, only occasionally pointing out a car or something someone was wearing.

Once we reached her house I led her to the sofa, we sat down, and all of me was telling me not to tell her, that if ruin what little we had.

"I'm in a gang"

"oh trust me harry I figured, but there's more isn't there?" She had me, I wasn't going to tell her, she didn't need to know. "harry I need to know"

"it started when I was 15. My mum had just started drinking and she was buying the most expensive alcohol. Our savings went out the door and in months we were struggling to get food. That's when I met Louis, he told me about the gangs and whenever you complete a mission the money is good." She smiled at me grabbing my hand and resting her head on my shoulder. I smiled a little, grateful she was giving me a chance to explain myself. "so, I turned up at their warehouse, and they sent me on a mission the first day. They were laughing at me thinking that I wouldn't be able to cut it and wouldn't be able to so it. But I brought back the drug money. It was actually a really easy mission. I got a great deal of that money. And I could pay for Gemma and I. Over a lengthy period of time I made my way up and up the gang chain, if you like. Then Gemma found out. She left and hasn't talked to me since. Then mum sobered up and she saw what I was doing, she kicked me out and I went to the warehouse. I went at the right time, or wrong you could argue. As there, beat up and about to die was the leader, he looked at me, genuinely smiled and passed me the necklace" i pulled the necklace from under my jumper and showed it to Ana. She rolled it in her hands before letting it fall into her soft palm.

"is it some kind of crown? Like?" she looked a little lost and I figured I probably didn't make sense.

"Yeah a crown, he handed me it. Making me leader. And you can't step out. So I was stuck. Still am." She just sat there in silence staring at me.

"and that night?"

"I was out alone, for some me time, when our opposing gang jumped me, if you wouldn't have turned up, I'd be dead, or worse."

"there is worse than death?" she was so innocent; I swung my arm around her.

"a lot babe" she shook, I don't know if it was the pet name or the implication that there is stuff worse than death.

"they warn gang leaders, that they can't have girlfriends, no kids, no wife's, some even say one-night stands. Because they'd become a target for the opposing gang. Seen as a weakness."

"so, if you wanted to be with me, you couldn't"

"well I mean yes, but I could never let you out of my sight. And that wouldn't be a good life for you."

"eh I don't think I'd mind"

And just as I was about to reply, there was a knocking at the door. I looked at Ana and she nodded, it seemed like she had done all of this before.

ANNIES P.O.V

Harry rushed out the back, his footprints pushing softly into the grey carpet. I took a deep breath as I opened the door, what was on the other side, might not be fun. And as presumed two tall men stood there. I recognized one as Louis, the man from the shops. I gulped. I couldn't decide if they where safe or not.

They stared at me, i wasn't intimidated by louis but the other stood about a head taller. Hand over his back pocket.

"we know he's here" I sighed, not knowing what to do. When harry came from around the corner. He seemed calm and I relaxed, I couldn't deal with angry harry right now.

"why did you bring him for?" he asked louis why gesturing for me to step back. He grabbed my hand. "Annie can they come in?"

"sure" I was shaking, harry wouldn't invite them if he didn't trust them. Right? Louis walked straight through the door, making a beeline straight to the sofa. Harrys other fist tightened; I couldn't let him go mad, so I traced patterns on the skin of his hand with my thumb. This almost instantly calmed him. The tension in the room and I felt like I didn't belong. The other man then trooped through; a sense of authority hangs around him.

"you two are so irresponsible, Zayn couldn't you have talked him out of this?" they where silent now. "you've put her at risk."

"boss you've been gone two days hardly and you're already drowning in the power of woman." It was Zayn, he spoke a lot softer than he looked.

"she's not just a woman for fucks sake" and at that i felt a little smile tug on my lips, figuring it was my time to leave.

"Would you two want any drinks" I came across more week than I felt and I mentally scolded myself.

"just get out of here" louis looked at me, he was an asshole.

"tea then, I'll be back soon" I saw harry smile out the corner of my eye. Walking towards the kitchen I heard harry mention my name, I was worried about what Louis and Zayn was really here for.

HEYYY,

so basically I'm back at school now so chapters wont be as often, although when I do get free time I will be writing.