Chapter 1

Kai Pov~

"Father," my 11 years old's hand hooks on Iroh's shirt. I was wearing my armor primarily in black, with scarlet detailing and fine golden tracing. Worn over the chest the royal armor extends across the shoulders and down to the top of the stomach. The Fire Nation insignia is visible on the front directly beneath the neck area on the chest. As we head towards the Agni Kai chamber.

He wasn't my real father but I called him 'father' because he raised me as his own daughter when my father died in a battle. I was a toddler when he died, I don't remember much about my father. He told me stories of my father, how brave and strong he was in battles, and how charming but can be full of himself around girls when they were teens. But when it came to my mother he would always give very little information about her. Avoid conversation about her. All I know that she had the same ruby eyes I have and the four elements. No, she wasn't the Avatar but some reason she had all four elements like me. Died after I was born. All that she left was a katana that was passed down to her and now me.

"Why is Zu fighting?" Zu was my nickname for Zuko, my older cousin by two years. We would play and train together. I want to be just like my father was, a high admiral. I didn't like playing with dolls or fancy clothing like other girls did. I prefer fighting, male clothing, I find more comfortable wearing. Azula, Zu's younger sister, and I never became along. We couldn't agree on anything and fight a lot over the little things.

Father didn't answer my question as we arrived at the door, once open we saw everyone at their spot waiting eagerly for the battle. Father and I went to Azula who had a sinister smirk across her face, she knew something.

I viewed the platform to spot the 13-year-old Zuko wearing a red garment with a yellow border on the edge beside that he was shirtless, facing his back to his opponent. On the other side, it was...

My eyes widened, "W-Why is he..." I glance at Father to see him shaking his head, telling me to stop. I look over to see my cousin staring at me with a grin, you knew, I clench my fist. I stare at Zu's opponent, his father, aka the Fire Lord at the otherside. And there was no chance of winning against the Fire Lord.

The music started and people around us started cheering for the fight. Zu stood up letting the garment fall off his shoulder and turn to face his father in a fighting stance but drop it as soon as he realized who he was. I could hear my best friend/cousin asking forgiveness to the Fire Lord then bow to him for his mistake, but his father didn't listen telling his son to fight him, which he didn't and for that, his father burned his left side of his face. I wanted to climb up there to stop him, Father must have known what I was thinking as he grabbed my shoulder from going. We both made eye contact, his eyes told me 'don't do it.' He knew if I stepped in I would also face the punishment like Zuko would. I could hear Zuko's agonizing scream throughout the room, I led in my tears.

After that Zuko was banished and the only way he could come back home was capturing the Avatar. Who no one has seen over 100 years, a meaningless quest. Father and I went along with him. Even if I dislike the idea of capturing the Avatar.

Three years later~

It has been three years since we left the fire nation, Zuko changed a lot now. So eager in finding the Avatar, inpatient, gets angry easily. I stopped calling him by Zu now his full name, he's not the same Zuko I knew three years ago.

I have been secretly training my other elements with Father and his friends, reading scrolls of the other three nations especially the Air Nomads. Learning why I had more than one element. Legends has it that there was Aminta who also had all four elements like the Avatar though they couldn't go to the avatar state, they did have a special katana that was passed down to the next. The Avatar and Aminta were mentally linked together, they could feel their presence, and when in danger. Like soulmates, I guess. Aminta protects the Avatar. My mother was an Aminta. Aminta was always a female and in my mother's family line, and now it was me. Father and his friends are the only ones that know I had all for elements, other than that I am fire bender to everyone else. I avoid using my powers and just use my katana for fighting.