Chapter 6

Third Person POV~

In the middle of the woods, the youngest relaxed on a tree's root and the girl, with her hair in a bun, right beside him, the water tribe girl was folding the blanket, and the oldest walked up to the three with a sack in his hand. The two on the tree leap off the root, sitting next to the others.

"Great. You're back. What's for dinner?" Aang asked the male.

Sokka opened up the bag, "We got a few options. First, round nuts and some kind of oval-shaped nuts," holding up a nut. "And some rock-shaped nuts that might just be rocks," throwing the rocks behind him. "Dig in," he smiles as the rest just look at the stuff confused.

"Seriously, what else you got?" His sister asked and the brother looked inside for anything. Kai sighs, grabbing her katana, walking away which the others notice.

"Where are you going?" the monk asked, the others watched the ravenette.

"I'm going to get some actual food," just as she continued a big boom came from afar.

"What was that?" The non bender question, the gang looked at the direction the sound came. A second boom came causing everyone to be on guard.

"It's coming from over there," the avatar pointed, and three of them ran to the noise.

The only one left, Sokka, who tried to stop them, "Shouldn't we run away from huge booms, not towards them?" They run to a dry up ravine, hiding behind a giant rock, spotting a boy earthbending, lifting a rock off the ground, sending it to the wall.

"An earthbender," Katara whispered.

"Let's go meet him," Aang said.

The one still in the earth nation clothes says, "I don't think we should."

" He looks dangerous, so we better approach cautiously," Sokka stated, ignoring Aminta's words.

"But-"

"Hello there! I'm Katara," Katara walked out without the others noticing. The earthbender faces Katara who smiles, confused when the male gives a scared expression, sprint away, and send rocks down behind him so that they couldn't follow.

"Nice to meet you!" Aang yells.

"You idiot," Kai told the girl.

"I just wanted to say hi," Katara explained.

"He was scared. People who earthbend around here are sent to prison. He must have thought he was gonna get caught."

"Oh."

"Let's follow him. To keep him safe from any fire nation soldier," Aang suggested.

~

They follow them to a village. Aang got a rice hat. Kai notices a boy, from earlier, walking to a shop and elbowing Katara as the boy enters the shop, "Isn't that him?"

"Hey!" Katara walks towards the shop, the boys follow the girls inside.

"...started on your chores," they hear a female voice as they enter.

"Hey! You're that kid." The boy gasps at the girl from the ravine.

"Uh... You must have me confused with some other kid," the unknown boy claimed.

"No, she doesn't. We saw you earthbending," the air nomad said out loud causing the fire bender, boy, and the mom to freak out and close all the doors and windows.

"They saw you doing what?" The older woman demanded an answer from her son.

"They're crazy, Mom. I mean. look at how three of them dressed," her son directed her to Aang, Katara, and Sokka, which they looked at their clothes.