Chapter 2

Kai Pov~

"Are you sure he lives there? What if he-"

"I saw him, Kai. He was running to the village," Zuko stated as the men put his armor. I have been trying to persuade my cousin from destroying their peaceful lives, knowing that Zuko will do anything for the Avatar. I glance at my father for some help, who shakes his head.

We headed up the deck, the ship was getting closer. The men got ready for landing. I face Father, "Father stay behind," as I put my katana on my waist, heading to the hatch. I turn to Zuko to plead, "Please don't harm anyone." He looks at the corner of his eyes at me for a few seconds then stares straight forward, I sigh.

The hatch drop, revealing the water tribe's people. There were children, teens, and an elder, barely any men, insight or adults. The only male that wasn't under 10 was this boy with some warrior makeup. As we descended, the male, who looked roughly around Zuko age, charged at us. With a quick reflex, I went in front of Zuko and jab the warrior makeup dude with the head of my katana, I heard gasps from the people as the older one clutched his stomach. Even if I didn't want to hurt him, he would have attacked Zuko.

The teen didn't back down, he tried to attack me but Zuko interfered, kicking him into the snow headfirst. I whisper 'sorry' to the boy, I'm pretty sure he didn't hear me with his head stuck in the pile of snow. Zuko, with me following behind, went up to the villagers.

"Where are you hiding him?" Zuko asked 'kindly' them. None of them answer. Zuko yanks the poor elder out of the girl with loopies hair.

"Zuko!" I yell at him.

"He'd be about this age, master of all elements," my cousin ignored my call. I went up to rip his hand off of the older one.

"Stop it, Zuko! They have no idea who you are talking about. He's not there, let's go," I was in front of the water tribe with my arms out to protect them.

"He's here!" He bended fire above their heads, scaring the people. "I know you're hiding him."

"Stop it, Zuko!" I told him, standing in a fighting stance ready to draw out my katana. I will protect them even if I have to fight my cousin. Just then the boy in the snow shouts as he attempts to hit Zuko, aiming for his head. Like I asked 'attempt', Zuko duck down before he could strike and the boy fell on his butt. Zuko sent fire directly at him, just then I drew out my blade at the fire absorbing it and slash my blade at him sending a straight line of fire in which he moved away. "I will fight you," I stated. The male throws a boomerang at Zuko dodge.

"Show no fear!" A boy said, toss a spear to the older one and rush at Zuko. Cousin broke the spear easily, pulled the stick away from his hand, poking the male in the head and breaking the stick in half. The teen collapsed, luckily the boomerang went back, hitting Zuko's helmet causing him to be mad. Making fire coming out of his fists, I step in front of the boy with my blade aiming at Zuko.

I felt him. The avatar. He was coming towards us. A cloud of snow went behind Zuko, knocking him off his feet. Zuko fell on his face with his butt up and his helmet on it. A giggle came out, in the corner of my eyes it was the girl about my age who laughed at him.

Third Person Pov~

The air nomad slid down with a penguin, stopping at his friends. Kai stares at the younger boy, he's the avatar? Feeling the connection with him. The penguin pushed the boy off of their back and waddled off.

"Hey, Katara. Hey, Sokka," the avatar greets the boy with the little warrior makeup on his face and the girl with the loopies hairstyle.

"Hi, Aang. Thanks for coming," Sokka thanks him. Aang glanced over to the girl with the katana making eye contact. Aang was curious why he was intrigued by Kai, he was about to ask the girl. But stop when the prince and his men surround him. Kai went to the airbender with her back against his. They both look at each other, the 14 year old girl smiling and nodding at him.