The Attack

There were several interviews like this, but I ceased to listen. I lept back up to the highstone, then yowled "Clanmates, SafeClan is about to attack." That brought them out of their dens in a hurry. Icesong had just enough time to mew "So where are they?" before they lept down into the hollow and surrounded us. "Ahh, I see them now." commented Icesong.

"Attack!" screeched Darkstar.

Then she leaped forward followed by her deputy, Coldheart, however none of the clan followed. "Come on!" she yowled. Her classmates stared at her blankly. "Attacking is not safe." They mewed slowly.

Beside Flamesong, Frostclaw fell asleep. Taking advantage of his lapse of concentration, Darkstar leapt on him and raked her claws down his flank. Coldheart lept at me, and I reared up, claws outstretched ready to score them through his belly fur. He yelped in pain as I pinned him down. He began to wriggle. I looked up and saw the tom cats, Mudfur and Twigdapple, standing watching me. "Hold him down for me." I yowled at them. Not looking to see if they obeyed, I spun round. In the centre of the clearing, Crystalcloud was wresting with Darkstar. I noticed with alarm that they were rolling closer and closer to the lava pool.