Chapter 3

"Ring. Ring. Ring!"

I sigh as I turn over and fish around for my phone. Where is it? God, shut up already! Why on earth did I turn on the alarm?

I found the phone on the floor near my bed. I rush to turn off the alarm.

I run my hand through my black hair, it's shaved from the back and touches my forehead as heavy bangs.

Huh? Wait...

Oh shit. I look at the ceiling in exhaustion. High school starts today for me. God, I totally forgot.
It's been a week since I came to America and got settled in. Today is the day I start attending yet another prison- I mean an educational institute. The semester has already started 2 months ago.

It's not like I want to go, it's more like I have to. To get close to her. After all, she doesn't remember me. I'll have to pursue her as a normal high school boy. After we spend time together for a while, I'll tell her everything.

And the younger I start in a new place the longer I can stay there with her. So I usually start at the high school level and stay for a decade then we move somewhere else. I also use this as way to catch up any new trends, inventions, and such others.

I still have time to get ready. It's currently 6:40 am. Class starts at 7:20.

I head towards the bathroom for a quick shower. With a towel wrapped around my lower half, I walk out to get dressed for today. I grab a white button up shirt with dark navy jeans and black leather shoes. This may be a bit over the top for a typical high school kid, but this is my usual style and it's not changing any time soon.

After grabbing my phone and wallet, I head to the elevator. It takes me to the underground parking lot. I then stand to admire my brand new, shiny black car. It's not like I have an extreme obsession with cars, I just appreciate them.

During my first week in America I went on a shopping spree. I bought everything I would need, including a whole new wardrobe, everyday items like a toothbrush, a TV, and my car.

My apartment is 20 minutes away from Lockward High School. I'm not really in a rush so I adhere all traffic rules.

By the time I reach the school parking lot, class has started so outside is deserted. I stroll to the office.

I walk up to a secretary, "Excuse me, ma'am."

The middle aged lady takes a minute to focus. Humans lose focus for a couple seconds when they make eye contact with me. "Oh, hello. What can I do for you?"

I smile politely, "Today is my first day in this school. I'd like to get my class schedule."

"What's your name?" She turns to her computer and types in the name I tell her. Blake Frost, one of the many names I've had thus far. I don't even remember my original name.

"Alright, here's your class schedule, locker information, and a late slip for today. You should head on to class, they just started."

"Thank you." I nod as I take paper she just printed out. It had all the information I asked for. I also take the small index card sized late excuse paper.

After leaving the office I head towards my first class, English. The hall ways were wide and long. The structure of the building reminded me of the middle aged college buildings in England. The foundation seemed quite old, so I guess I'm right.

I head up to the second floor, and stop in front of classroom B 210. I knock three times, and enter. Every head in the classroom turn towards me, its an effect of being a vampire, extreme attractiveness- a weapon to lure prey.

"Hello." I say to the female teacher standing at the teachers stand in front of the class, across me.

"Good morning, and who are you?" She pushes up her glasses and asks in a mild tone.

"First day here, so I had to stop by the office. I was given this late slip, as well." I step forward to hand her the paper.

She takes the slip and places it on her desk as she tells me, "Alright, welcome to Lockward. Why don't you introduce yourself to your future classmates?"

"Sure." My left hand runs through the side of my hair, a tell tale sign of mine indicating my current mild irritation. Even though I'm annoyed, I hear a few inaudible gasps from a couple girls. Probably checking out my arm muscles that flexed from my actions.

I turn towards the class and give a closed smile, "My name is Blake Frost. I moved here from Rome." I higher my voice just a bit to make sure I'm heard by all. I look back to the teacher to indicate I finished.

"Any questions?" She says towards the class.

Most of the class raises their hands, annoying me even more. Do they expect me to stand here all answering all their questions? I need to look for her, not entertain children.

"Just a few, then you can sit." The teacher says as I start frown. I give a nod and cross my arms as I lean on empty chalk wall behind me. My ears pick up a few increased heartbeats from a couple girls. I've forgotten how easily teenage children are captivated by supernatural beauty. Will she fall in love at first sight like that one time? Thinking about that time lifted my mood.

The teacher, Mrs. Hail, points a girl in the front seats. She and her friends were showing too much skin and had a flirtatious aura about them. Is this what humans call 'sluts/bitches' from the internet? Well, they certainly do seem annoying.

"Blake, do you have a girlfriend?" The girl asks while twirling a lock of long blonde hair with her index finger. She seems to bring trouble, let's stay away from her from now on.

"No."

"Then, what do you think about me? Wanna get together some time?" She leans forward, with a grin like she already caught me. Too bad, not my type.

"No, thank you. Next question." I turn my head to look around for the next questioner, but got interrupted.

"Why not!?" She gasps in disbelief, as if I've dared to do the unforgivable. "Are you incompetent? or gay?" She questions, like there must be a dramatic reason to refuse her.

"Darling, I could take you heaven, but you're not my type and neither am I gay. I'm just not attracted to walking STD carriers." I tilt my head up to look down on her, as I smirk.

Various people were stunned, from my words and change of attitude. No need to be polite to the rude and unmannerly.

"Melissa, that's enough! Sit down, gay or not, we do not allow discrimination in this school." The teacher interrupts the blonde as she wanted to yell at me. She turns to me, "Mr. Frost." She sighs, then points to the empty seat in the last row, "Go take a seat back there."

"Yes, ma'am." I drop the smirk and put on a seemingly well behaved smile. I uncross my arms and tuck them in my jean pockets as I walk to the back seat, making heads follow as I walk beside them.

I wonder what else this fucking day has in store for me.