Officially best friends

Hiccup- you were pretty much the head of your little group even though Hiccup was excluded you stayed best friends with him. One day you were putting out dragon fires and you saw Hiccup hadn't made it to Gobber's yet and a Deadly Nadder was chasing him. "You guys go on I'm gonna go save the runt's rear end". They laughed and you ran over to Hiccup picking a shield up on the way. You grabbed Hiccup's vest collar and pulled him in front of you and behind the shield, facing you. "Please don't die, I can't lose my best friend". You breathed before he opened his eyes, before he could respond you pulled him towards Gobber's shop.

You threw him in and smacked him over the head. "Ow! What the heck"? He asked holding his head.

"You idiot! I have to save your neck every time the dragons raid instead of doing my job, if my best friend-". He cut you off.

"You keep saying that". He said poking you in the shoulder.

"Saying what"? You asked as you heard explosions outside.

"Best friend". He answered smirking.

"Yeah so"?

"I'll never understand you". He said shaking his head. "Just go I'll try to get here early next time".

"Stay safe". You ordered hugging him awkwardly.

"Deal".

Tuffnut- it turned out dragon riding was pretty fun, it also gave Tuffnut a reason to get up early. "(Y/n)...(y/n)". You heard Tuffnut whispering from behind Gothi's door. "Ow, Loki, Gothi keep that stick to yourself, ow"! He yelped again.

"Gothi he's here for me don't worry I'll be back by lunch". You assured opening the door and going over to Belch with a mackerel.

"Yeah Gothi no need to smack me with your stick". Tuffnut said climbing on Belch.

Gothi wrote in the dirt and you read it. "Don't worry Gothi we're just best friends". You said giving the fish to Barf.

She shrugged and you mounted Barf and adjusted yourself right before Tuff took off. You rode in silence for a few minutes then Tuffnut broke it. "So we're best friends"? He asked cockily.

"Oh shut up". You said slugging him in the shoulder.

"But you said and must of meant it so it must be true"! He said slugging you back.

"So what if it is"? You said trying to confuse him.

"We're best friends alright". He said smugly.

"I will knock you off your dragon". You threatened.

"Ok ok best friend". Barf swung over and knocked him off for you. "Thank you Barf now let's go get him".

Snotlout- you were getting ready one morning and heard your dragon Cheri panicking outside. "Calm down girl I'll get your breakfast in a minute". You said tying the front strings on your shirt together when you heard it again.

"(Y/n) your dragon wants to eat me"! You heard Snotlout yell as you put on your helmet.

"No eating best friends"! You ordered poking your head out the window.

"Yeah no eating best frie- wait what? Friends"? You went out front and slugged him in the shoulder.

"Yeah friends your pretty much the only guy I can stand". You shrugged.

"Oh ok cool". He said sounding disappointed.

"Yeah, don't go soft on me now". You pinched his cheek and jumped on Cheri.

"I do-don't plan on it". He stuttered nervously.

"Come on I bet I can beat you to the arena". You taunted.

"Not happening". You sped off.

"Happening"! You yelled.

Fishlegs- you forbid Fishlegs to tell anyone you were on the island until you were ready and you didn't exactly understand customs. "Wait so you can't eat fish raw"? Fishlegs shook his head and made a grossed out face.

"No you can't just like you can't eat raw yak". You shrugged and poked at a piece of cooked fish.

"That's just weird". You pushed it away and walked over to a basket of raw fish. "Try this trust me". You got out a salmon and tossed it to him.

"Ok but if I try this you have to try the cooked fish". You nodded and picked up a piece of the cooked fish meat. "On three"?

"I can't actually count raised by dragons remember"?

"Oh right uh three". You put the fish in your mouth and he took a bite of the fish. You spit it out and he did too.

"The things I do for friends". You said wiping your mouth.

"Friends"? Fishlegs phrased.

"Yeah friends". You shrugged before taking a big drink of yak milk.

"Best friends"?

"Sure since you are the only person I know". You shrugged.

"Awesome". You heard him say to himself.

"I guess it is awesome".

Dagur- you were stranded on an island surrounded by hunters just you and Dagur. "What can I do to make you believe I've changed"? He asked seeing as you were cold shouldering him quite literally you were soaked and freezing.

"Not much". You responded.

"I saved your life from those dragon hunters didn't I? That has to count for something"! He exclaimed. "A bit of trust maybe"? He asked.

"Fine get me out of here and I'll even be your best friend. I just want to get back to my brother". You told him.

"I can do that but you'll have to completely trust me". He told you. "Deal"? He asked.

"Deal". You said turning to face him seeing he was extending a yak skin blanket to you. Later when you were flying away from the island with Hiccup and Dagur you realized you really could trust him, he really was changed.

You dropped him off on a different island and spoke to him privately. "Dagur...I". You started.

"Say no more best friend". He chuckled.

"No I'm serious. I'm sorry I doubted you I'm glad I really trusted you". You paused. "Best friend". You told him nudging him.