Prologue

Prologue

There was a tale that goes back to the beginning. A tale, that is said by some to have never end.

It all started with one woman. A woman who was said to be from the skies. Kaguya Ōtsutsuki.

An angel turned to demon. A being fallen out of grace. The Rabbit Goddess. The progenitor of Chakra.

It was said that she had come to Earth to destroy it. Others say she came to save it. Whatever her reason was, her influence to the human beings that came to contact her would forever change the world.

As the progenitor of Chakra, she gave humanity power. As the rabbit goddess, she gave them unity. As Kaguya Ōtsutsuki, she gave them fear.

She was truly a giver. One who gives and does not take. Or that would her loyal followers would say.

Indeed, she was truly a fearful being. A woman who held the power to destroy the earth with just a snap of her fingertips. One who could manipulate the elements and destroy your mind. Her power was unlike anyone had ever seen.

However, she had fallen in love with Earth, choosing instead to 'protect' it by making everyone under her own rule. She gave birth to two children, then chose to give them her power.

This would soon turn into a mistake.

Her own two children, Hagoromo, and Hamura, used this given power to trap Kaguya, sealing her and forcing her body to orbit the sky, which we now call the moon.

Her children, now freed from their mother's grasp, now chose to protect humanity. Hamura chose to protect his mother's body and flew to the moon. Hagoromo chose to spread her mother's power to something called Ninshu.

This is how the tale is supposed to end. A legend spread across the continent. Yet as some people try to learn this tale, there's always one question that always pops up.

"Where did the Rabbit Goddess come from?"

■■■■■

As a child, Naruto had always felt pain. From his everyday life, he was scorned at, ignored, outright abused. It was a fact, that out of all the people in Konoha, he had the most reason to burn it down to the ground.

That's why he chose to protect it.

Even though he was bullied, abuse, and scorned, he chose to use that pain as his motivation to be better. He learned to trust people, to work with other people.

To love.

It was a simple fact that he would do anything to protect Konoha, his only home. The home where his loved one chose to stay.

"Have you evacuated the villagers?"

"Yes, Hokage-sama. The remaining shinobis and the Jounin senseis are trying to push back the enemy but Kakashi-sama has ordered them to retreat back to the hokage tower. Charlie Squadron and Sasuke-sama has reported back the enemy's forward position but they have gained heavy casualties."

Naruto looked at the map with a frown.

"What about Sakura? How's the medic corp?"

"She ordered a third to evacuate with the villagers. The rest, with Sakura-san have been overrun and also retreated back to the Hokage tower."

"So, we're basically surrounded?"

"...yes."

Naruto clicked his tongue as the building shook from the battle outside. The hokage tower was in a flurry, with people running in and out to get their orders from their respective commands.