Chapter 2: Moonlight and Lavender

Chapter 2: Moonlight and Lavenders

A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one – Chancellor Palpatine

It was just a few hours past after Kakashi made Team Seven pass the Bell Test. The sun was clearly setting, the orange glow enveloping the whole village, the daily noise from the populace of Konoha dwindling to almost half. Most people where going home, back from their back-breaking, stress inducing job to their loving family in their home.

For Uzumaki Naruto, it was a bit different.

First off, his home was not his apartment room, where he slept for most of his time. In fact, no sane person would even consider that trash dump of a room a house (Naruto would argue with you, but don't let that fool you). No, the real home of Uzumaki Naruto was a small, popular and possibly the only shop that Naruto frequents in. Ichiraku Ramen.

Ichiraku Ramen was, for the uninitiated, a heaven-like environment. Even if you weren't a real foodie, or an addict to ramen, the aroma of vegetables, and various meat being boiled down to make their various stocks- Vegetable, Pork, Beef, Chicken-, the loud noises of chopping, the satisfaction of every customers as they slurp down the last bit of their noodles into their mouths. There was no competition, Ichiraku Ramen served it fresh, and it was the best in the whole of Konoha, and possibly the whole continent.

In addition to Uzumaki Naruto, there was also one other person that frequented the shop, almost always being pulled in by the boy himself. Umino Iruka, or as he's commonly known, Iruka-sensei.

"Iruka-sensei, Iruka-sensei! Ya promised me if I passed the test, you would buy me ramen!" The blonde, with an excited voice, said as he pulled Iruka to the shop.

"Wha- I didn't say anything! Naruto!"

"Ho ho, if it ain't Naruto. You passed the test?" Someone said, revealing the old cook, and owner of Ichiraku Ramen, Teuchi wearing his recognizable white garments with a smile reminiscent to a grandpa looking at his grandson.

"Yep, yep, yep!" Naruto replied enthusiastically "A miso ramen please, and Sensei's paying for it!"

"Wait, I haven't even agreed yet-"

"Tsk Tsk, just give it to the boy Iruka. He passed the test for Kami's sake! He more than deserves it!" A voice in the kitchen shouts, before it stepped out revealing a slender girl with brunette hair, white garbs like Teuchi, a dark-blue apron, and a white bandana, Ayame. She gave a bowl of noodles to her father.

"Bu-!"

"Here ya go, Naruto, one Miso Ramen. Consider this one on the house for being my number one customer!" Teuchi says as he laid out a giant bowl of Miso Ramen. In the center of the ramen, where the typical toppings of soft-boiled egg cut in half, two small fish cakes, a row of rolled pork that laid floating in the broth itself, and dried seaweed. Its dark, rich broth was giving out a delicious, and strong aroma that permeated around the shop itself.

Teuchi looked at Iruka and winked at him before he went back to the kitchen. Iruka sighed as he took out his purse near the table, accepting his fate.

"One pork ramen with extra beansprouts, please." He orders with a sigh to the happy Ayame, who happily shouts out the order to her father.

"So, Naruto." Iruka said as he watched the boy happily gulping down his ramen. "Seeing as you forced me here, would you mind telling me how you passed the test?"

"Oh, it was so awesome! You wouldn't believe what I did to pass the test. First, I beat up Kakashi-sensei by making hundreds of clones! Then, Sasuke-teme distracted him, like the good bodybag that he is, then Sakura came like *boom*!" Naruto said as he did an exaggerated motion, punching the air in slow motion