~The beggining part 2~

Apologies for the sudden change of plans, but since all my books are romance, I decided that Rose's goal will not be to make him fall in love with her, but her goal will be to help him win parental rights over his little sister once she's found. I hope you understand💖💎
~•~

Hours passed since Tanner brought Rose to his house, he was worried that she will never wake up, fearing she will end up like his baby sister, Emily... The poor girl went missing at her 9th birthday, and Since then he never saw the precious baby again.
~
Emily came to Tanner at night, really sad and on verge of crying. She wanted to go back to his house with him, but he needed parental rights over her first, otherwise their parents could report him for kidnapping... Tanner, seeing his baby sister coming into his old room, immediately picked her up, cuddling her. He knew well that their parents were abusing her, but never had enough proof for the police. "Shh, it's going to be okay my little sunshine... The pain will go away soon, I'll take you back with me and away from mommy and daddy, I promise..." He knew Emily wouldn't reply, she was always silent when their parents were in the house. He rocked the almost 9 year old gently, wiping away her tears. He loved her with all his heart, but he was loosing his mind seeing how their parents keep getting away with child abuse. Even if she was born a hybrid, he still loved her no matter the fact she was not entirely human.
When the morning came, she was gone. She wasn't in the house anymore, but their parents weren't there either. That broke his heart, he roared loudly in anger, he fell asleep even though he should've kept an eye on his innocent little sunshine. That was it. He lost it. It wouldn't have happened if the police actually did something instead of accusing him of lying.

~
As the thought came back with the memories of his baby sister, he clenched his fists as he swore underneath his breath, going into another room. "I will get my little Sunshine back... I know she's out there somewhere, I just know it..." A few tears dripped down his face, he swore to himself he will get revenge on the authorities and on their parents. He was going insane without Emily, even if she was born without him even knowing his mother was pregnant, he still loved her with all his heart, she was a blessing in his life, and he blamed himself for loosing her that night.
Rose soon woke up with a headache, and as Tanner heard it, he wiped his tears away, calmed down and returned into the room. "Ah, you've had me worried. It's good that you're awake now." Tanner calmly stated, not showing emotions much after his little mental breakdown. He soon realized that the girl was mute, and the screaming was a sound from the internet, noticing this when the girl started typing on her phone. She was visibly tired, and visibly at least 10 years younger than him, he was almost 30 years old now.
They spent time getting to know each other, later he gave Rose dinner and a cup of warm tea as he went to his office in hopes of finding any clues of where could his little sunshine be.
Rose eventually began exploring the house, more likely it was a mansion. She soon found a picture of an 8 years old girl, behind it was a note 'I'll find you my little sunshine, I promise', which made Rose realize the guy was griefing the loss of a family member, and felt bad for him. Her ashy platinum blonde hair was messy, completely unbrushed. She didn't mind being in the same clothes for days now, but hoped to soon return to her apartment and prepare for the last year of college. She put the framed picture down, smiling a little as she set her goal - help this stranger as a thank you for helping her.
Meanwhile in his office, Tanner searched the entire Internet for his sunshine, eventually finding her Instagram profile. It seemed to be inactive for over a year now, but all the pictures looked like it was her. He knew it, even if she so slightly grew up, he will get her back. He sent a message, knowing she won't reply immediately. He sobbed quietly, why was she taken away like that? What did she do to deserve this? She did Nothing wrong. She was just a child, just an innocent little angel. He didn't care what he had to do, if he had to kill, he just wanted her back...
Rose overheard it, and came inside to comfort him, gently rubbing his shoulder as he wiped his tears away, sniffling. Emily could be dead, but he loved her too much to just give up.
"I'll find you my little sunshine... I promise..." Where his words before he broke down again.