~Where are you?~

Tanner eventually dropped Rose off at her apartment after getting her phone number. They decides to remain in contact in case there was anything about Emily. Rose locked her front door, immediately going to change into pajamas and going to take a warm shower.
Emily still hasn't replied to Tanner's message, but he noticed she had her current location in the last picture, Moorhead Minnesota. If she was still there, he could ask around to hopefully find her finally. He wasn't loosing hope, never. His baby angel needed him, and he won't give up.
As he entered his house, his phone buzzed as a notification came. He pulled out his phone and read the notification from Instagram that said 'Emily_Bondevik is now following you.' and soon after that, she replied to his message.
"Tanner? Is that really you? Is this a joke? Oh my gosh, I missed you so much!"
He read her message over and over, tears welling in his eyes as he immediately video called her, his heart racing when Emily picked up, on the verge of crying.
"Where are you Sunshine? I'll come get you right away, just tell me where are you!" Tanner said desperately, really wanting her back.
Emily looked around and quietly gave him her current address. "I'm home alone most of the time... Mother and father will be back tomorrow at 2PM, so you have to come early, even today so that we can leave way before they arrive..." She said as her brother noted down the address, all this time she was holding her side. "I really missed you Tan... Will you take me away this time...?" She asked, a few tears falling down her pale face.
Tanner sighed, smiling sadly. "I missed you too baby angel. I promise I'll take you away, please stay safe until I arrive. I'm leaving right now." He said as he left, locked the front door and went to the garage to take his car. Emily hung up to charge her phone, but stayed online in case he called again. She broke down, crying. Her arm really hurt, her side was bruised. She curled up against the wall, waiting for Tanner.
The young male drove through the night as the clock showed 9:30PM. The road would take around 4 hours of driving, but he drove as fast as he could to save time. He gripped the steering wheel, cursing under his breath and praying that their parents won't show up early.
Hours passed, and soon he was at the old, ugly house. He texted Emily to come down immediately as he opened the door so that she can see him, waiting for her to come. A few minutes later Emily came down with a backpack, her phone and phone charger, her left arm stiff as it hurt to move it.
He jumped out, hugging her tightly before helping her get into the backseat, closing the door after her and getting back into the driver's seat. The clock showed 3:56AM, and since it was still dark, nobody could see anything even if they wanted to. He closed the door and floored it away from the neighborhood, glad he didn't shut off the engine.
They drove for another 4 hours back to his town, but he decided to take her to the hospital noticing her arm must be broken.
Rose was getting a lawyer in the meanwhile, the faster they get evidence of abuse, the faster they can help Tanner win parental rights over Emily.
At the hospital, Emily's arm was put in a cast, and the doctor's filed an abuse report for the police and CPS, providing details of Emily's physical, beaten up state and what was done to her after she revealed it in conversations.
She ended up falling asleep as Tanner drove back to his house, noticing she was peacefully asleep. He swung her backpack onto his shoulder as he scooped her up, holding her close to his chest as he carried her into the house, laying her down on her very own bed in her very own room he prepared through all these years.
"Goodnight my little sunshine... You're safe now..." He kissed her forehead as he pulled the blanket over her tiny frame. He smiled happily as he turned off the light and left the room, heading to his own which was right next to hers. He changed into more casual clothes and went around the house, locking all windows and outside doors, setting the alarm on like every night. He made sure the cameras were on, and went back to his room to finish paperwork. After he was done, he headed to bed to take a nap.
In the morning, Emily came to cuddle with him, snuggling close to him as he woke up, embracing her tightly. "Good morning to you too my little angel.." he happily pulled her close to his chest, letting her snuggle all she wants. "Slept well sunshine?" He smiled, his sanity finally stabilized.
Emily purred slightly, still a little sleepy "Mhm... Much better than ever..." She needed to sleep a little longer, it could be 7AM anyway since it's still a little dark outside. Tanner was so happy to have her back, and hoped that Rose was able to find a good, good lawyer. "I'll make you your favorite apple tea, alright?" He asked happily, receiving a tired nod from his little sister.
He got up and covered her in the blanket, letting her sleep as he went to make her some tea. He hoped that his little angel will never have to deal with abuse ever again. He got an update text from Rose about her successfully finding a lawyer, and let out a sigh of relief.
He set the water to boil on the stove as he grabbed a clean cup and opened the tea cabinet, grabbing a box of green apple tea. He put in half a tea spoon of honey, waiting for the water to boil as he saw Emily coming downstairs. He chuckled to himself seeing her slightly stick her tounge out, pouring in the hot water a minute later. He mixed up the tea and let it steep for 5 minutes before he took out the bag of tea, letting the hot liquid cool down before he gave it to Emily. He sat down next to her by the table, ruffling her hair as she snickered. He was glad to make her finally happy, and squeezed her gently. "I really did miss you my little angel... It was so quiet without you, I'm glad to finally have you here honey.." he booped her nose with a chuckle as she finally smiled. "I missed you too, and I love you big brother.." she slightly stuck her tounge out again.
Tanner kissed the top of her head as she let out a happy sigh. "I love you too my little angel, I love you too..."