~Memories~

Tanner happily played with his baby sister, all his dark thoughts vanishing in thin air as he heard her innocent little giggles. She was crying merely a minute ago, but somehow she was instantly happy when she was alone with Tanner.
Her giggles made him smile brightly, was he the happiest man in the world? Yes. Did he love his baby sister? More than yes. He gently tickled the baby, making her laugh innocently. He scooped her up, holding her close. "Pee-ka-boo!" He exclaimed happily, holding her high up, making her laugh innocently even more.

Many memories came flooding back as Tanner went on another nightly killing spree, hoping to find and finish his parents.

"Uppie! Uppie!" The child giggled as Tanner slowly stood up, letting her be even higher in the air. She was the sweetest little child, making him momentarily forget his job was to murder people with drugs overdose.

Tanner stopped in his tracks, thinking to himself. Why does he continue taking so many lives of innocent people? But he couldn't get a normal job anymore, not with his police record.

Emily was screeching in happiness and making all these other noises, she was just so pure, and Tanner had to make sure Adam never reaches her. He had to keep her safe at all cost. He helped her fall asleep and held her close to his chest, going back to filling out some paperwork.
Her happiness made Tanner happy.
She made him feel normal for once.
The little baby snuggled close,
sleeping peacefully.

As memories kept flooding back into his mind, he couldn't help but smile.
He began walking back to his house, setting a new mindset:
Never kill anyone ever again.
He knew it would be hard, but he wanted to stop, for his little angel.
But nothing will ever be the same...

~~~

So sorry that it's so short, I'm still not feeling well enough 🌹