Additional Scene 6

Author's note: I would love to have some comments and critiques on the style. The hardest part is trying to bring the characters' personalities to life, so if anyone has any suggestions, I would deeply appreciate it.
---------------------------------------------
Puck

We enter town with the wind at our backs pushing us forward, as if nature itself wanted us to be heading this way.

I veer in the direction of Fathom & Sons with Sean trailing along beside me. Finn and I still decorate teapots to sell at Fathom & Sons, well, mostly Finn, and thanks to the catalogs that Dory Maud had printed and sent to the Mainland, I have some money to collect for us. When we enter the small shop I carefully avoid running into the statue of the fertility goddess that guards the door, and pull Sean away from it too. He eyes me with slight amusement as he is pulled sideways away from the goddess.

Dory Maud is standing in front of us almost instantly, tracing my careful path around the goddess with her eyes before narrowing them in Sean's direction. I worry for a moment that she will say something, and am relieved when she doesn't. This is an improvement for Dory. "I've come to collect," I say to her, not bothering with pleasantries. She only frowns and walks away.

Elizabeth appears while her sister is in the back. "So, Puck, I see you and Mr. Kendrick have come out of hiding. Ready to face the world together!" I can feel myself blushing as Elizabeth says this. Even though Sean's face is turned away, I can see that the visible part of his cheek seems a bit flushed. "What have the pair of you been up to, hiding yourselves from the world? And right after you've become famous Puck Connolly."

"Hush Lizzie," a soft voice behind Elizabeth says. It is Annie. This shocks me because I can hardly remember her ever having said much of anything before,especially not voicing her opinion. I am also shocked because I can't quite wrap my head around Elizabeth being called Lizzie. " Leave them alone," she adds, "they probably have enough people bugging them. They don't need your teasing as well."

"Ever since that rich American came around you've been sticking your nose where it doesn't belong!" I snort at the hypocrisy of Elizabeth's statement and she turns her head to glare at me. Sean's head turns back to us at the mention of George Holly.

"Weren't you and Dory trying to sell Annie to George Holly?" I say this to embarrass her back, but I am not sure it works until she responds.
"Dory and I were NOT trying to sell her! We were helping her find a better future!"

"I don't think it worked, Elizabeth. She is still around to listen to you prattle on," Dory adds as she returns with the money. I hold out my hand and she places it there with a stern look in my direction.

"Mr. Holly plans on returning for Christmas. He is bringing his niece to see the island." We all stare at Sean with wide eyes, surprised that he spoke, and even more surprised that he knows this.

"And HOW exactly is it that you know this, Mr. Kendrick?" Dory spits this out like she has been wronged, in some way, because she was not the first to know.

"He wrote it in the letter he sent me." Sean states simply. Nobody questions it.

We leave Fathom & Sons and make our way to the butchers to buy some meat for Corr, receiving some funny looks as we walk by. It is one thing to know about something, but seeing it with your own eyes somehow makes it real in a way it wasn't before. I know that Skarmouth is so small that everyone has heard about me and Sean, but they stare at us like they are witnessing a miracle or something. Defiantly, I tip up my chin and scowl at everyone we pass. Sean notices and links his fingers with mine, pulling me along with him while I continue to glare.