Stupid...

Jacobs P.O.V

Tree den building: an activity that needs a lot of teamwork and co-operation. Something our happy bunch seems to not have today. As usual, K takes the lead,

"OK, boys go and get the wood and us lot will find camouflage." she announced and dragged the girls off with her- probably for some secret chat or something. I looked at Kaid and Felix. They looked exactly how i felt: fed up.

"C'mon," i edged, starting to walk towards a pile of logs i had spotted whilst the worker had explained what to do, "whats wrong with ya?"

"Could say the same about you..." Felix mumbled,

"At least oi don't try to make it obvious!" i snapped back, picking up a log. Silence stretched between us as we picked up other logs and started to lean them against a large tree, building in a triangle shape.

"Hey, Jacob," Kaid piped up suddenly, "do my feet smell?"

"What?"

"Do my feet smell?"

I stared at him, utterly confused.

"Dude! Is it true?"

"Er, yeah...?" My statement turned into a question as i saw a smirk pop onto his face whilst he sighed playfully, beginning to explain,

"We gotta tell the truth for a week dont we?"

Oh. I rolled my eyes at him. Stupid...

"Felix do you think... Jacob needs a bath?"

"Um, yeah, no- what the flip Kaid!?"

"Jacob is Felix annoying?"

"Sometimes."

"Aww, thanks bud!"

"Shut up Felix..."

Half hour later we had the base planned out for the den and we started helping the girls collect leaves.We had most of it done now, just topping it off.

"Laura, is Jd a monkey?"

Kaid and Felix had joined in on their separate "game", questioning stupid things that sounded like the idea had jut popped into their brains. At the age of 16 and they still acted like kids... I went over to Laura and pulled her closer to me, in the shade of a few trees. She smiled that cute smile of hers...

"What's wrong?" she whispered,

"This game..." I ran my hand through my hair, "it's weird. I...I don't like it."

"Same here. I like doing all these challenges we do but this one makes me feel kinda uncomfortable."

I nodded and grazed my lips across hers.

"Why not ho to the field later. Just us? We won't have to play..."

"Ok."

K's P.O.V

I felt the ground and listened for any trickling sounds. The ground was slightly wet, meaning I was close. I jogged on a few more steps and touched the ground again. It was wetter, and a work wriggled by, heading north. I followed it's direction and a few minutes later ended up at the river we had sometimes hung round. Last time we had had a mud fight... I had manages to splatter Kaid in the eye and directly in his mouth by accident... Kaid. Survival tactics are good and all but what about tactics on love? I took the six water bottles out the rucksack I had been carrying and filled them each to the top with water. For this exercise, the worker had told us, we all had to split up and work as an individual towards team work. So I had taken to finding water, Felix was collecting any possible food, Laura was trying to plan out a map of the forest, Kaid was searching for any raw materials (although he'll probably fall sleep in the hay field), Jodie was figuring out how to know which way was north, south, easy and west and I think Jacob was making booby traps for squirrels or passing rabbits. Putting the water neatly in my rucksack, I decided to go through a flower field as a short cut to the middle of the forest. I ripped up a bunch of dandelions and started ripping the petals off one by one. He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me, he loves me not... Was Kaid The One for me? But I hadn't seen him all summer. All I got was a few text messages and an email at the very start. What if he has cheated on me? Maybe that's why he hadn't kept so much contact!?

Jd's P.O.V

"will you two shut up!" I shouted and punched the bag. It kept swinging back at me and I defended myself more and more- a bit like Kaid and Felix's little game.

"C'mon Jd, we're just telling the truth!" Kaid whined,

"It's just a bit of fun-"

"FELIX!" I shouted, interrupting his sentence and swinging a punch do hard the bag flew off its chain and to the floor. I sighed. They had been doing it all day now and it was getting too irritable for my liking. Throughout dodgeball, I had kept hearing them ask different stupid questions and I was out because of it. And I don't like losing!

"Jodie!" K gasped and ran over to me. She held my arms down and looked at me face to face. It was that carm-down-and-I'll-let-you-have-some-red-bull look that never failed. I sighed again and nodded. She let go and went to the boys, pulling them both by the ears towards the other side of the room. Laura and Jacob came over to me and sat beside me- Jacob on the left and Laura on the right.

"Carm now?" Laura asked. I nodded.

"Here Jd, you deserve it." Jacob handed me a can of Red Bull. I looked at him, eyebrows raised in a questioning way.

"What, you didn't realise you actually got the bag half way cross the room out of your own strength!?"

I smiled gratefully at him and heard the familiar 'crack' of my fingers opening the can. I put it to my lips and let the cool, sizzling liquid run down my throat. Gorge...

"So." I said.

"this truth thing is crazy." Laura mumbled. Jacob nodded his head and stared at the floor. I gigged down the rest of the drink and stood up.

"So why not make a prank to get this party moving!?" I exclaimed. They looked at each other and smiled back at me. Oh it's on!