Romance troubles

K's P.O.V

"There's only two days of the truth left, Kaid. Just...just make up your mind."

"I can't K. Love is a strong word."

Those words kept bouncing from each corner of my mind, echoing in the night. We had come back an hour earlier and Laura and Jacob explained to us what had happened and asked "where the hell were you!?". Jd and Felix were sleeping next to one another, Laura and Jacob asleep in their own bunk beds, alike Kaid and I. Love is a strong word... I silently climb out of the bunk bed, putting my slippers on and creep out of the cabin. It's cold outside but walking will be able to warm me up, won't it? I walk down the field and at the end, lie down. It's then I realised I had been holding my breath, and I breathed out. The stars shone through the dark blue sky, as of someone had trapped the world in a jar, like some sort of insect, and punched holes through paper so we could breathe. A tear escapes the corner of my eye. And another. And another. I sit up, chocking on my own sobs and hiccups and salty tears. Kaid's The One and he doesn't love me! How did this happen!?

"K?"

I look around and see Laura standing a few metres away from me. I stand up and run over to her, hugging her tight whilst she rubs my back.

"What's wrong K? Why did you come back so late?" she asks, sitting us both back down on the grass. I tell her how we went to the hills and how I had brought up 'The One Situation'. I tell her that he didn't know how he felt for me and refused to think himself as The One for me. I tell her how when we drove back, there were no sparks in between us anymore.

"Oh, K." Laura sighs and hugs me tight, "We'll sort it out. Jacob and Felix can talk to Kaid and Jd can help steal some cookies and-"

"Ice cream?"

"No ice cream."

"Good."

"Tell me about it"

"It's awful."

"K, you ice cream hater!"

We giggle together and continue chatting until at least 2 o'clock in the morning before we plod back to the cabin.

The next morning, I wake up earlier than the others and decide to take a shower. Somehow, from last night, I had gotten quite a lot of mud on myself. By the time I'm done, everyone's up but Kaid. Laura can feel my unease and takes me out with Jd so she can explain it all to her whilst taking us to our first session.

"oh man, K! Why didn't you tell us sooner!? Aw, bestie!" Jd exclaims and hug's me whilst we walk. I nod in response and she let's go of me. At least I have some people that I know love me...

Kaid's P.O.V

The last time we did cooking, was hilarious. The guys keep reminding me by calling me Gangsta. Funny fellows... Man, I sound old! I shake my head and return to the cookie dough. I'd been thinking about the argument K and I had. How do I feel about her? Of course I love her, but as a friend or...girlfriend? Placing the last of the dough on a tray and put it in the oven before sitting on the counter. I watch K cook. Her eyes are focused on the dough, her tongue sticking out slightly in concentration. Her hands work swiftly and it a moment hers are in the oven too. She sense's my stare and looks at me, almost as if she were in pain, and looks away. I sigh and place my eyes towards the floor. What do I feel? When I look at her, I feel a longing to have my arms wrapped around her. When we kiss, my skin tingles at the touch. Are those signs of real love? Jd's the next to finish and before she can say anything I drag her out the room.

"Is it true?" she asks,

"What?"

"You and K?"

"That's what I'm here to talk to you about."

"oh."

"When do you know your in love?" I ask, cutting to the chase. She giggles in response, trying but failing at keeping it in.

"What?"

"Well, you've dated a few ain't ya?"

I nod.

"So?"

"It weren't real Jd."

"Hmm. So watcha feel when K's near you, huh?"

I explain.

"Right, so what do you think that means?"

"That's why I'm asking you!"

"Answer Kaiden."

"Like... Like I cant let her go. I have to be around her, at least see her. Jd, she said I'm The One for her... I think...I think I feel... The same."

"Then you've gotta love her then, right?"

I nod again. She smiles, hugs me and we go back in. I take the cookies out the oven and once they have cooled down, I assemble them all in the words: you are The One. I sigh and walk up to K. Laura, who was talking to her, gasps and turned K around. Her face...man, I should of taken a photograph! She takes the cookies off me, places them down and kisses me then and there.