Coming from the boys...

Jacobs P.O.V

Woodwork. The one session I find the most boring. Yeah, most guys 'back in the day' used to do it, but now? Technology has been invented people! I smooth the surface of the wood with sandpaper, dust forming like slow-moving-dust-rain and falling all around me. We were all told to make something different to each other, and the others seemed to be getting pretty creative. Felix was making a clock, K was half way through a small desk, Jd was doing a matching stool, Laura was to make this puppet controller thingy and Kaid was working on an actual chair. Me? Photo frame. Simples, squeak. I knew what I was going to do with it and I know it will come in handy. Besides, I have enough photos of us all as it is. As I smoothed some more, my mind drifted off to home. My parents were most likely to be working still, abroad somewhere together. I sigh. I'm always left behind... And it makes it hurt more that I'm an only child. If I had a bro or sis, id be able to argue and stick up for us. But if it's just me... I mostly hang round with some guys from school but their not really anything compared to this lot. Sometimes Kaid or Felix come round but they live miles away from me. Jd and K are the same. Laura lives a while away but since last summer and being at summer camp now, we did see each other a bit. I can't survive a whole year without seeing my girlfriend, can I? I finish smoothing and decide to start cutting a piece of plastic to fit into the frame. I collect a saw and just as I was about to turn around, hands go over my eyes, leaving me in darkness.

"Hey!"

"Laura, you know I'm carrying a saw, right?"

"No, but your not going to hurt me are you? Besides, you can't see me!"

I feel for a table, put the saw down and turn around, holding her hands in mine. I rest my forehead in hers and look at her lips.

"Wassup Jac's?"

"Jac's?"

she giggles and moves my hands on her hips and then puts her own around my neck,

"What, can't I give you a nickname?" She starts to lean forward but I grab her legs last minute and hold her bridal style,

"Wassup Munchkin?"

Her smile turned into a grimace.

"Blondie?"

She shakes her head,

"Honey?"

"Hmm..,"

"Well, if I can't have a nickname for my lover, then I'm afraid you can't have one for yours!" I state,

"And who may my lover be?" she asks, her smile returning,

"The one who loves to kiss you and wants to be with you!"

"Oh, is that true!?"

"Hell, yeah."

Kaid's P.O.V

Writing and reading. The most BORING thing ever. I sigh and slide back in my chair, crossing my arms. I look out a window and see the hills in the distance, the mountains beyond them and the unknown beyond that. I look at K, doodling what looked like hearts on a piece of paper. Outside. K. Click! I quickly write a note to K, see her nod and stick my hand up.

"Yes?" the worker at the front ask's,

"I need the toilet!" exclaim and run out the room before he could object, leaving a few giggles behind me. Running out the tiny building, I run to the back of our cabin and take the cover off my new motorbike. Perfect. I pull out two helmets from the little container at the back and moments later K is beside me, smiling like a madman.

"Ready?"

"Always!"

We both put the helmets on and I get on first, starting the bike and turning it round. She then jumps on behind me, wrapping her arms around my waist. I drive slowly at first, passing the classroom to see our best friends gaping at the window as we both wave and ride out the camp. We go on the main road at first, then move onto a bumpy country road. A few minutes later, we stop on top of a hill and lie down, faces towards the sky. I entwine our fingers and shuffle closer to her. She puts her head on my shoulder and sigh's.

"Kaid, do you...d-do you l-like or..."

"Or what?"

Her answer is barely a whisper as she stutters: "o-or love m-me."

Silence stretches out between us. It feels like we have traveled to the moon and back before I can answer.

"K...do you think we'll be together for a long time? Do you think we spend enough time together?"

Silence.

"'Cus, we hardly see each other apart from when we come here."

More silence.

"K?"

"So...so you don't...l-love me?"

Felix's P.O.V

I'm slammed against a wall. What a lovely hello!

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH IT!?" she shouts,

"Done with what?"

"The Red Bull!" she spits.

"Jd, why would I steal it if I've been holding hands and carrying you around for the past half hour?" I ask and gently ease her hands down.

"It's gone..." she whispers and clings to me. I pick her up bridal style and carry her to our table. Most of the campers were staring our saying different gossip about us all but I didn't care. Who does now a days when it's practically all a load of crap? I set her next to Laura, who starts to smooth her hair and tub her back in a conforming way. Kaid and K still weren't hack and hadn't been since our second session. Across the table Jacob hands Jd a glass of water, which she takes small sips from. The canteen gradually grows louder, the gossip disappearing alike the food we were all eating. I was just about to say something when something slaps directly on top of my head. Something wet, mushy and green. The canteen goes quiet again, staring like eagles.

"Oops!" I hear someone giggle. I scrape a handful of mushy peas and turn around to see Nadine, Robin, Carl, Magenta and Matt stifling laughs.

"Were so sorry," Carl smirks, "it's just, we had heard about the Red Bull, so we went to the kitchen to see if there's any coke to replace it, but no such luck. They handed us those peas instead," he points to my head,"and we were going to come and give until someone tripped poor Nadine here and they all landed on your head!"

I growl under my breath and get up.

"Felix!" Jd cried but she couldn't stop me now. I had Carl in a headlock before smashing him down on an empty table and was shovelling the peas into that big god of his. Jacob and Laura managed to pull me off the chocking brat but then went to Jd, who happened to be slapping Nadine and Magenta over and over again.

"You pair of sprouts! Your all a bunch of dirty sprouts!" she screamed but eventually we managed to leave the canteen and return to our cabin. I settle Jd onto her bed and climb in beside her, hugging her close to me in the tiny bed. I hear her whimper bit I shush her. She turned to face me and looks deep into my eyes. She rests her forehead on mine and closed her eyes.

"Thank you." she croaks out, her voice rough from her shouting and screaming of defeat.

"Anything for you, Jd." I whisper and we both fall asleep.