Chapter 63

Sera trails her fingers over the bumps and ridges of scars on his chest, rubbing the warm skin with her fingertips.

Her head leaned on Lucien's good shoulder, while her flushed naked body curled next to him. Both of them were still naked and sweaty, with bits of hay stuck in their hair like they were the only two people in the world.

Not wanting to be apart from him, she'd crept her other arm over the top of his torso with her ear pressed to his chest, listening to the strong heartbeat that beat there.

Lucien kisses the top of her head, staring up at the tin roof above them, taking in the moment.

"I want to marry you." He utters, as his fingers rub and circle the top of her bare shoulder.

Lucien continues, the drops of leaking rainwater punctuating his words with each plop into the metal bucket that sat in the shed.

"Before the gods and my people, declare you as my true Queen"

Drip. Drop.

"We can have atrue contract of matrimony this time, not the summoning contract that you signed before." Rubbing a hand over his face, he sighs. Maybe Sera needed time. Time to think. But he couldn't wait. She'd said she loved him, and that was good enough for him. To hell with whatever plan Icaros thought up. Once he got back to the castle, he was planning on making a clean sweep of the nobles, the ones who plotted against him and put his sweet Sera in danger.

"I'll marry you...But...." Sera tucks her hair behind her ear when she lifts her head off his chest to look at him with a serious expression.

The soft look in Lucien's eyes wavers a little, worried of what Sera was going to say.

"Let's become a proper family, the three of us." Sera smiles and kisses his chest.

"I'll give my all." He'd given the King's Word. Lucien wouldn't let Sera down.

And there it was. The dimple that had hid for so many years was back with Lucien's look of happiness as he sits up and kisses her.

All over, nipping at her nose and licking her neck like a large excited dog that makes her giggle. His newly cut hair trailing everywhere, now somewhat dry, made her squirm at the ticklish feeling. They roll about in the hay, until Sera's pressed beneath his powerful body again, and his eyes grow dark and sensual.

Sera covers his eyes with her hands, trying to shield herself from the gaze that could make her flare into a burst of flames.

"Wait, Lucien, we need to go back soon.. I don't think I can walk anymore at this rate."

With one more light, smacking kiss on the lips, Lucien's mouth quirks into a mischievous smirk.

"Don't worry. I can take care of you. I'll carry you all the way back to the castle." His fingers had already started to play with her folds, stroking the moisture there and enticing more to come out.

"Mmm..."

It didn't take long before Sera was tossing her head to and fro while his firmness rubs at her hidden spring. She looked like an erotic goddess of the harvest, with only the straw in her hair for adornment. Lucien breathed deep. This time, he would take her slowly, relish her taste on his tongue and all around him.

He hadn't entered her yet, as Sera's eyes grew watery with want, making her eyes shine in the moonlight like deep pools of honey.

"Ok?" He asks, using the word that Sera had taught him so long ago. No one said ok in Thornmere, only Sera, and Lucien, after she had taught him what that word meant.