Ember🧚🏾

Finally,I'm outta this shit hole. Leaving the place I once called home, saying goodbye to the people who are supposed to be my so called family. But never acted like they cared.

As WERID as it might sound I'm happy their sending me off to boarding school maybe there I'll feel accepted for exactly who I am. "Ember Zamora Lucas, come down and take pictures with us before you leave" my grandma  said as I ran down the stair with my carry-on bag for the plane she was dressed up like she was going somewhere super important when really she just dropping me off at the airport. She wasn't gonna want to take pictures not when she see how I'm dressed.

She was wearing a cotton and candy summer dress she had purchased from a Walmart in Arizona. "I'm ready when you are" I said coming down the stair.

"is that what you wearing?"grandma asked
Looking me up and down. She always has something to say about my appearance.

My dad and step mom came from out his in home office my dad was dresses in professional attire as always while my step mother had white jean and and tank top I smiled at her for not getting dressed up either. It's not like we were going anywhere important. I just hope grandma wasn't going to make a big deal

"Yes nana do u not like it" I fake frowned knowing that she going to express that she didn't like it. "I just thought u want get more dressed up u know first impression are everything" 

"nana I'm gonna be on plane for eight hours I think jeans and a sweatshirt should be okay for now beside the Academy has a uniform"  I reply getting frustrated. Trying not to sound smart or roll my eyes at her because no matter how flustered she made me she never tolerated disrespect.

My step mom Miranda finally decided to say something saving me from my grandmother "Em do u have everything your gonna need" "yes" I reply simply "12 pairs of everything" "yes" I reply dryly knowing this gonna take FOREVER "extra money" I nodded "driver's license" I nodded "AirPod and snacks for the plane" I nodded "what about your plane ticket?"  Dad asked with raised brown.

My eyes went wide I ran upstairs almost falling with my clumsiness. I checked everything, everywhere until I saw my sticky notes on the 'remind me' board saying 'Grab ticket from dad' haha very funny I closed my bedroom door and walked back down stairs.
I stale face my dad, while he started laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world seeing your daughter panicking "okay, okay can we go now we're gonna be late" I said turning looking at the time on my phone after retrieving it from my backpack it was 7 and  I board  at 7:30. It's a 10 minutes drive

Looking at the time I rushed out of the house. Excited about not having to stay in this small town anymore. everyone got in my My baby pink Jeep because it had the most seats. I'm gonna miss that car terribly.

I locked the door and said good bye to my child hood home. Got in the car with my family who was probably plotting on my food in the fridge since I wasn't going to be here to eat it or figuring out what they're going to turn my room into once I was gone .
I got in the driver seat of my baby and drive off to the airport smiling
Bye fuckers❤️

Ember🧚🏾