First ~ NighT

They were running.

Running through the forest.

To get to their friend locked inside a storage room.

And to confront the mastermind who dared kidnap her and place their love into a deep sleep which she hasn't woken up from.

~Flashback~

The room was bathed in heavy silence as the occupants pleaded for their sleeping friend to break out of the dark magic that was possessing her.

Then, one of her fingers moved.

Of course, all her friends were watching her, so they noticed the finger that suddenly jerked.

"Katarina!" Her friends shouted in relief, only to notice after a few moments that there was no other response. Except the finger that was pointing to the window.

Sophia, who noticed where the finger pointed, quickly darted to the window, and saw a reflection of a young girl of age seventeen. Somehow, Sophia felt as if she knew the reflection.

The others saw Sophia by the window, conversing with someone, and approached her, soon also seeing the reflection.

"Sophia." Nicol called. "Who is this?"

"I don't know." Sophia replied. "But I feel as if I saw her before."

"Sophia.." Mary called. "Where is your reflection?"

A glance had confirmed that Mary was correct. There was no reflection of Sophia.

"Listen." The girl in the reflection spoke. "I don't have much time so if you could please lend me an ear, I'll be grateful."

"I wasn't able to get Katarina to wake up, I'm afraid-"

"Wait-" Keith cut her off. "You tried to wake up my big sister?"

"Yes." The girl replied. "Now please let me finish."

"I was supposed to tell Katarina this before she wakes up, but as I said before, I couldn't. I know where Maria is."

"And the mastermind behind all of this."

~Flashback end~

And now, they barged open the door, with Geordo and Alan in front wielding their swords, into the room where their only commoner friend was kept.

"Maria!" Sophia had leapt to hug the light mage, said girl wrapping her arms around Sophia in return.

Afterwards, Maria surveyed the room, counting the faces that saved her, but she didn't find the one she wanted to see the most.

"Where's Lady Katarina?"

The faces of the rescuers fell, none having the heart to tell the commoner of the misfortune that befell her friend and love. Until Mary mustered up the courage and took Maria's hands in hers, blinking back tears.

"Maria, I'm sorry...a few days after you were kidnapped, Katarina faced the president by herself and now she's cursed to sleep until she dies." Mary admitted, sobbing by the end of her words.

Maria's face also fell, as tears slowly crept to her eyes, the girl leapt to hug Mary as she also cried.

"Now...we need to confront Sirius and stop him ourselves so that Katarina will awaken...then we can cry tears of happiness by then, okay?" Mary wiped her tears away, smiling at Maria. The latter was quick to calm down with the words of the former, nodding determinedly.

"Okay! President should be down at the cellar, since that's the only room other than this!" Maria declared, laughing sheepishly at the end in an attempt to lighten the mood, which failed miserably.

They ran down the stairs until they came to face the double doors separating them from Sirius. Geordo and Alan took their swords out of their sheaths once again, standing in front of the group, the rest having their magic at the ready.

"Sirius Dieke!" Geordo yelled, busting the door open.

"Hah?!" Sirius faced the intruders. "Why are you here?!" He shouted, standing up. "Shouldn't you be with that saint? Or did she finally die and you all wanted to avenge her?"

"She's still sleeping." Mary answered icily. "We came here to try to do what Lady Katarina tried to do. We want to talk to you one more time."

"And what makes you think you'll be victorious?" Sirius smirked, tilting his head sideways. "Katarina, your savior, couldn't even do it. What makes you think that you all could?"

"Stop this! President Sirius!" Sophia pleaded. "Why did you even learn dark magic in the first place?!"

"All for my mother!" Sirius shouted back. "She told me......before she died...her last words to me were 'Avenge me'-- So I will! I will get my revenge on the marchioness who ruined our peaceful lives! When I inherit the Dieke family name, I will destroy everything that woman holds dear!" He smirked with a crazed look in his eyes.

"This is bad!" Maria announced. "The black fog is growing bigger!"

"Seriously!?" Alan shouted, alarmed.

"I understand your grief, Sirius." Sophia interjected. "Or rather..."

"Raphael Walt."

"STOP! You have no right to call me by that name!" Sirius-- or Raphael shouted as he made his black fog bigger until it surrounded the whole room.

The group saw that the president they knew was gone, taken in by his desire for revenge and his hatred for the Marchioness who took away his mother.

"Everyone. We have no choice." Geordo declared after a moment, facing his friends. "We cannot talk him out of this anymore. We need to defeat him."

Everyone was saddened by this turn of events, but soon came to the same conclusion.

To save Katarina, they have to defeat Sirius, and dispel the dark magic that he casted.

Unfortunately, the dark magic was too powerful for them.

~

Geordo slowly blinked as he bordered on unconsiousness, slowly turning his ringing head to see all his other friends also sprawled over the floor, Sirius walking over their bodies.

"Ev....ery....one..." Geordo mumbled out, reaching out to the body closest to him, which turned out to be Maria.

"A shame, a shame.." Sirius shook his head sideways as he looked over the bodies of his fellow student council members. "You were all declaring how you were going to save Katarina, and yet you couldn't even defeat me."

"Si...rius.." Nicol mumbled out. "They.....would know.....you have.....dark....magic.......you won't.....be...able...to carry....out....your-" He fell unconsious before he could finish his sentence."

"Oh, I would, actually." Sirius answered. "I will graduate in a few months, then I'll work in the ministry and carry out my plan."

As he approached, Geordo tried to cast a fire spell in vain as Sirius snuffed it out with his dark magic.

He then stepped on Geordo's hand, the latter crying out in pain. Sirius then leaned down to reach Geordo's ear to whisper out, "Do you really want Katarina to wake?" to which the latter nodded desperately.

"Welll....okay." Sirius stood back up, Geordo's eyes widening at his words. "But you all have to be the ones to wake her up, not me."

"H-how?" Geordo asked, eyes slowly closing as he neared unconsious.

"Come and get her. In Japan. If you can." Sirius answered.

Geordo closed his eyes as he fell unconsious, unable to hear Sirius' next words.

"Or be like your dear Katarina, sleeping till the day you die."