Third ~ NighT

The group jumped back upon hearing the squeal.

Mary, in her shock, had slapped her fan against the girl's cheek.

The girl, as a result, had fallen unconscious again.

A beat of silence passed.

"Mary, what the heck?" Geordo faced the noble lady with a twitching eyebrow.

"She shouldn't have squealed so loudly!" Mary retorted.

"Great. Now we have to wait!" Geordo threw his hands up in frustration before he sat down at the girl's bed.

"M-Maybe we should investigate the room, see if there's any clues to wherewe are.." Maria suggested.

"Yes." Nicol stood beside her. "I, too, want to investigate. Maybe Sophia is outside the door and is also investigating. She could have woken up first."

"Let's not go outside just yet.." Alan stood up. "We don't know what's out there."

"But what about Sophia?" Nicol stoicly asked, but the worry was clear in his eyes.

Alan hesitated, before he also decided that finding Sophia is their priority at the moment.

"...Alright. Just be careful."

Nicol nodded before dashing out the door.

He found a simple home outside, with a little kitchen, little room with a couch and a rectangular black box (what is that thing?).

Overall, it's very small (for a noble).

He thought that this was only the girl's room, so he went outside and looked at this surroundings.

There were tall buildings made out of glass.

Honking moving things that Nicol doesn't recognize down below.

Large rectangular shapes stuck in the walls with people inside it (what kind of magic is this?)

Nicol is very confused.

So he just went back inside, the door closing with a click.

Upon walking back inside the room, he told the nobles and commoner that he didn't find Sophia and there were many weird things outside.

"Yeah..there are weird things here too." Geordo replied before he brought out a small black rectangular object, with something dangling on the side.

Upon pressing the button at the bottom, the object lit up.

Nicol's eyes widened.

"...Why is there a picture of me and Alan hugging..?" He asked disturbed.

"Huh? I meant the light- wait what?!" Geordo replied confused before realising what Nicol had said, quickly turning the phone to see it himself.

Yup, there is a picture of Nicol and Alan. Hugging. Kinda intimately.

Mary blinked dumbly at the device while Maria blushed.

Mary took the device after she snapped out of her shock.

And threw it out the window.

"Lady Mary! That might be the lady's!" Maria chastisised.

"I don't care. I just want to know why is there a picture of Lord Nicol and Prince Alan doing something they wouldn't have done!" Mary shouted.

Somehow, the girl's eyes opened at Mary's words.

The team yelped at bit in surprise as the girl suddenly sat up.

"....everyone?" She asked.

Mary stomped over to the poor girl and got in her face, the latter leaning back in alarm.

She then smiled sweetly, with a hint of venom.

"Young girl, please tell me why do you have a picture of the future prime minister and future king/ crown prince doing something so scandalous? Where did you get this as well?" She asked. "As much as I love the thought of less rivals, this is an issue that I must address as their friend and rival. I assure you, they would never do something like this. So in order to rid the picture for good, I threw that rectangular frame out of your window."

The girl blinked before she stood up and grabbed Mary's shoulders. And started shaking her.

"Lady Mary! What possessed you to think of throwing my phone out of the window?! It was a gift!"

Geordo quickly threw the girl back to the bed, the girl bouncing lightly.

"Watch your tone, commoner." He spat out, the girl flinching at his words. "You have no right to speak of Lady Mary in such manner. Apologize this instant."

"W-What?" The girl stammered. "But I'm not a commoner.. Don't you see?" She then pointed to herself. "It's me...Sophia...Sophia Ascart.."