2 | adorer

"You'll never be alone again
So don't you fear
Even if you're miles away
I'm by your side."

-Mariah Carey

Even before Iwaizumi was Oikawa's friend, he was Oikawa's spiker. From a young age, their friendship revolved around the sport. And when they entered high school, Iwaizumi realized quickly that it was the only thing that Oikawa really took seriously.

He fell in love with that Oikawa. The Oikawa that entrusted the ball in his hands and put all his effort into winning. Now, he showed up only during practices and games, and still, Iwaizumi couldn't get over him.

Oikawa laughed with everybody. It was selfish of Iwaizumi to want him for himself, especially since he knew how it felt for Oikawa to smile at his comments (like the sun decided to shine just for you that day).

Iwaizumi turned in his bed and stared at the volleyball poster Oikawa had bought for his birthday. There was a blue stain in the corner- an imprint of Oikawa's sticky fingers after eating a popsicle. It had angered Iwaizumi for days; he'd ignored Oikawa until he couldn't stand it anymore.

He wondered if Oikawa saw him the same way. If one day he really got tired of Iwaizumi, would he come back later, realizing he was irreplaceable?

Oikawa off the court was nonchalant and careless. He was always surrounded by a crowd of people that Iwaizumi had been roped into. Iwaizumi didn't mind, in a way. He liked Oikawa's stupid grin, and from the back of the class, he could see it every time he turned around and laughed at someone else's joke.

Sometimes he caught Iwaizumi staring. But today, Oikawa never took his eyes off of the girl beside him.

a/n i keep getting these random one shot ideas and they're taking over my brain so im actually gonna try and write one out
do y'all want domestic iwaoi or death iwaoi