3 | amor

"I got all I need in a world of doubt
We got our champagne dreams in an endless drought
We are the kings and queens seeking our aces out
We got all we need, no new friends now..."

-LSD ft. Sia, Diplo, Labrinth

The locker room was buzzing with people- Iwaizumi knew immediately that Oikawa was missing. He muttered a quick later to his teammates, then stepped out into the hallway.

He paused for a second when he saw a familiar figure in the hall, then swallowed bitterness. Careful to keep his footsteps quiet, he ducked back into the changeroom.

"Let's go," he said, before entering a stall to hide his angry tears.

|||

Oikawa called him that night, and Iwaizumi already knew what he was going to talk about. He'd imagined this conversation plenty times before, even participated in it, but there had been no truth to it then.

The equations in front of him blurred hopelessly. He placed his pencil down and muffled his nose with his hand.

"Iwa-chan?"

"Yeah," he choked out, failing to disguise it as curiosity. He tensed knowing that Oikawa would probably catch on.

But Oikawa didn't notice it.

"I know you saw today."

"Good for you," he spat out.

"Are you angry?"

When he didn't answer, Oikawa's voice floated through the phone, unable to contain his excitement. "I'll introduce you to Nakano tomorrow, okay? I meant to for a long time now, but I didn't think-"

Iwaizumi hung up. Consequences be damned.

He hadn't even seen her face. If he saw her tomorrow, he probably wouldn't recognize her. Nevertheless, his head was clouded with hatred for the unknown girl. Why hadn't Oikawa told him?

He couldn't be bothered to pretend he was happy. Oikawa was kissing someone, and all Iwaizumi cared about was that it wasn't him.

a/n might rewrite this later, it was a lot better in my head

anyways I'm forcing myself to write so enjoy this for now :)