6 | hate

"My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too."

-Rascal Flatts

The whole school knew. Iwaizumi couldn't sit in the cafeteria anymore, not with everyone staring at him. Evidently, the news had spread quickly.

Oikawa, of course, was immune to them. He surrounded himself with a large group of friends and encouragement- so much that he didn't even bat an eyelash at Iwaizumi's spikes.

He was petty like that.

Or, at least, Iwaizumi hoped it was him being petty. He clung onto these hopes desperately. Iwaizumi put up with it all, choosing to distance himself from the whispers, and spending his lunch breaks sitting in the library cursing Oikawa's amiable nature. When someone walked by him, he'd glare at them until they stopped pointing and ran off.

Oikawa's drunk words hurt because he never said them when he was sober. They hurt even more when Iwaizumi realized that Oikawa didn't take them seriously either.

Iwaizumi couldn't choose between whether he hated him or loved him. He knew he wanted the old Oikawa, but it clearly wasn't him anymore. He couldn't stay attached to someone that didn't exist.

He wished he could turn back time so he could tell his younger self to confess. Maybe Oikawa would be sitting beside him now.

a/n updating schedule is non-existant. 

ᵃˡˢᵒ ᶦ ᵗʰᶦⁿᵏ ᶦᵐ ᶦⁿ ˡᵒᵛᵉ