6. illumi.

"I need you to step out for a second. We need to talk." She stupidly followed me out of her hotel room. I had my left hand prepared behind my back, holding three needles, one between each of my fingers. As soon as she closed the door behind her, my left arm shot up, knuckles and needles pointing at her face. I walked towards her until she was backed up against the wall, she then grabbed my wrist in a feeble attempt to get the needles away from her, but to no avail. She was trapped.

"Who are you?" I asked apathetically. She let out a breathless laugh.

"Says the one who checked in with a fake name." she said. I responded by moving my needled hand closer to her. I felt her hold on my wrist tense up.

"Answer the question."

"My name is Misana, you already know that."

"How did you learn nen?"

"None of your business." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"You're a hunter." she didn't say anything, but I could tell she was wondering how I knew, "I saw your license in your bag back on the airship." she let out a huff of defeat, "so, Misana, tell me who you are and why you're here." I slowly started to move my needles closer and closer to her. If she didn't give me her answer within a couple seconds, they'll pierce her skin.

She was struggling hard, her eyes closed and her grip on my wrist tightening. I could tell she was exceptionally strong, but she couldn't beat me in terms of raw strength, and certainly not in the position she was in at the moment.

One of the needles touched her cheek when I felt my wrist burning from where she was holding me. In a fraction of a second, she had let go of me and my hand jerked back. I dropped my needles. My left wrist now had a pale red acid burn in the shape of her palm wrapped around it. I looked up at the girl, she looked slightly distraught, but on guard. It'd be stupid of me to attack her now, she's completely ready for anything I could pull. Plus, I'm not even sure I'd beat her 10 times out of 10.

I bent down and picked up my pins from the carpeted floor of the corridor, my eyes not leaving Misana.

"Transmuter?" I asked. She didn't move or say a thing. I chuckled. "Watch your back, Sana."