7. sanaku.

"Okay kids, time for bed!" I clapped my hands together as the kids groaned. Killua and Alluka were taking the main double bed and I would take the couch right next to it.

I sent the kids to the bathroom to brush their teeth and take a shower while I sat on the bed and waited. This gave me some time alone to think about what the fuck was going on in the mission. Everything was going according to plan, except for a certain intruder. I slipped up earlier and had to use my nen to get him off my back. How pathetic of me, to be in such a helpless position. I cursed under my breath. I'm not letting my guard down anytime soon.

"Wooooo!!!" Killua suddenly whipped past me, running out of the bathroom while shouting. Alluka followed closely. They darted into the bedroom and were almost to the door to the living room when I blocked them.

"Ah ah ah, last time I checked the bed was in this room, not the living room." I said.

"Please Misana-san, could we please stay awake some more?" pleaded Alluka.

"It's already the third time you asked me that tonight and I already let you the two other times. It's really late and you need to go to bed, we're waking up early tomorrow."

"Waking up early? For what?" asked Killua.

"Hmm, we might be going somewhere. So head to bed, or else I'm not taking you." I said, hands on my hips. The two kids quickly scrambled into bed and under the covers. I walked over and kissed their little foreheads.

"Where are we going?" asked Alluka.

"It's a surprise." I winked at her, "Goodnight." I gave them a final smile as I closed the lights and the door, going out to the living room.

I let out a sigh of relief, slumping down the door and pushing my hair back with my hands. First night was a success.

The only problem was that darned Illumi.

I quickly got up to my feet and shuffled over to my bag. Taking out my laptop and sitting down on the couch, I went on the website of a popular local aquarium and bought three tickets for tomorrow. After all, I promised the kids we'd do something fun... but let's not forget about why I'm here in the first place. Opening Google Docs, I started typing up a progress report, as Hanka demanded.

Mission Twin Birds: Progress report #1, written September 29th,

Submitted by Treasure for H. Kisei.

Tasks completed since last report: eliminated Rookies and picked up the targets.

Tasks planned until next report: questioning of targets.

Problems encountered (if applicable):

I sighed to myself as I typed "encountered eldest Zoldyck son during the mission who is staying in the same hotel".

Solutions chosen (if applicable):

If I don't come up with a solution to this pesky problem then I'll have to deal with Hanka's wrath. Maybe... kill him? That's unrealistic. He's too strong of an opponent for me to take alone. Should I just kill the kids right now? Nah, Illumi knows that they're staying with me and I'll have the entire family on my ass once I'm blamed for the death of two of their children. Relocate me and the kids to another city? He'd probably just follow us. Letting out a loud groan, I buried my head in my hands. I was pulled from my thoughts by a knocking sound coming from the front door. I got up and walked towards the door. Looking into the peephole, I once again saw the expressionless face of Illumi. The last person I wanted to see right now, or ever.

"Go away." I said, through the door.

"I'm not here to question you or hurt you." his muffled voice traveled through the wood.

"Yeah, sure you're not. Go back to your own room. I put the kids to bed." I said, before turning around to leave. A small clicking noise came from behind me. When I turned back to look again, the door was wide open. Illumi stood there with his bag, pillow, and blanket.

"I'm staying over." he declared, walking in as if he owned the place.

"I don't think so. If you hadn't almost killed me back there I would've let you in. But nope, you had to go and piss me off, so now you're no longer welcomed here. Please make your way out before I call security." I said, making my voice as solid as I could. He simply laughed.

"You have no custody over these kids, would you like me to report you for kidnapping my siblings? Or would you rather just let me stay here and watch over them? Your choice." he said, as he set his pillow down on the couch. He plopped down on it and laid himself down, crossing his arms behind his head, "ah, could you hand me my covers?" he pointed at the white hotel blanket that he left near the door along with his bag. I glared at him.

This was gonna be a long night.