8

K stood to the side of the practice room, his shoulders heaved as he panted

K stood to the side of the practice room, his shoulders heaved as he panted. He honestly had lost count of how many times they had run through the choreography.

"Hyung... I'm so tired..." Sunghoon leaned his forehead on K's back. Jay walked closer to them, ruffling Sunghoon's sweaty hair.

"Let's practice for 30 minutes more and then we'll call it quits," Jay patted the ice skaters back trying to encourage him. K nodded too, but didn't move since the younger boy was still leaning on his back. He looked around, watching some of the other contestants who were practicing none stop. He was particularly worried for Niki, who had not taken a rest at all. K was aware of how stressed his friend was feeling, everyone had lost their confidence on the young Japanese boy after the practice with Rain and Jia sunbaenim. He was worried that everyone else's doubt projected onto Niki and caused him to doubt his own skills.

They really needed to work on their teamwork, they all needed to support each other even if things are looking rough.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Sunghoon grasped his sleeve which snapped K out from his deep thoughts.

"What are you thinking about?" the younger boy asked.

K sighed deeply, "I worry that we are not acting like a team, we need to be more supportive of each other and be aware of everyone's feelings..." he looked around till his gaze stopped on Heeseung and Niki, "we were unfair to some of our teammates..."

"What do you mean unfair?" Jay, who had been standing nearby asked.

"We depended so much on the center to lead us, and then faulted them when things weren't working..." K started explaining, "I think we should have been more considerate of all the effort both Heeseung and Niki have put into leading the group," Sunghoon and Jay felt guilty since K was absolutely correct.

"Let's work harder to improve our teamwork then!" Sunghoon smiled.

"Yeah, you are right, let's do our best on tomorrow's performance so we can continue working hard as a team," Jay raised his hand silently asking both guys to give him a high five.

Sunghoon and K smiled widely and high fived their friend now that their mood was up. The boys went back to practice with more energy than ever, their cheerful vibe soon spread out to the rest of the contestants who started shouting and laughing at each other's silliness.

Heeseung smiled while he danced, watching the guys have fun really made him feel better. He was honestly fine with being part 10, he had made peace with everything after Jia comforted him. She really had managed to drain away all the stress and negativity out of his body with her gentle hug. He didn't tell anyone what had transpired between him and the idol, he wanted to keep that memory to himself. He was aware that pretty much all the contestants were smitten with Jia, some more than the others. She was probably the first ever idol that many of the trainees had ever met that was close to their age, and many of the boys hadn't really talked to girls since they had started training, so it was natural for all of them to want to impress her.