✴️ 21 - Announcement ✴️

Gempa was dumbstruck with terror as he stared at the scene infront of him. He wasn't expecting these things to happen at all, and this is the first time he'd seen some wild riot taking place inside their school building. No, this is the first time in Stanford High history, that something unbelievable like this has ever occur.

He just couldn't believe what his bright, yellowish eyes were seeing right now. He wanted to slap himself so bad, thinking that everything might just be a dream. But no, the moment he briefly closed his eyes and shook his head repeatedly, then as he opened them again, he knew that all of these are one-hundred percent real.

Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder, which caused him to turn and face that someone. He softly gasped, a shock expression was plastered on his face once he saw who that person who tapped him. He immediately embraced the person tightly, as he felt like crying after not seeing him for a long time.

"Duri! I can't believe you're here!" Gempa exclaimed, loosening the hug afterwards. "How are you?! Are you okay now?! I heard that you got sick and went absent for few consecutive days!" He added, with a hint of motherly tone in his voice.

The leaf elemental merely curved an adorable grin, giggling softly afterwards. "Don't worry, Gempa. I'm feeling better now." He replied, smiling.

Duri then turned to the horde of students who were still going crazy with Glasier's idea, his once exultant face was now replaced with a terrified, worried look while pursing his lips. "What's going on here, Gempa? Why are our schoolmates shouting?" He asked, petrified at the scene infront of him.

Feeling horrified as well, Gempa tugged Duri's arm away from the chaos and dragged him somewhere quiet and safe with him. He thought of going to the library because he's positively sure that there aren't any students staying there, and that they might be joining in the rally against their student government president too. When they reached the said place, Duri instantly hugged the earth element tightly, causing the latter to return the favor and gently soothed him, as he started sobbing quietly while trembling in fear.

"Hey, it's okay, Duri. It's okay to be scared..." Gempa whispered softly.

"Gempa?" Someone called, making the two boys to glance at that person.

A familiar figure was standing infront of them, wearing a white cap and orange tinted visor, which they immediately recognised who it was. Soon after, four figures then appeared just beside him, a shock expression was written on everyone's faces. That's when, one of them breaks down the silence between them.

"GEMPA!" Taufan exclaimed, running towards the boy mentioned and crashed him into a hug.

"GEMPA, MY MAN!" Blaze exclaimed as well, giving Gempa a big, warm hug.

Gempa felt like crying again, but he only held it back as he embraced the trio close to him, making him smile in joy. Not for long, the others joined along the hug as well, except for one. He only stared at them, sighing softly afterwards.

"Oh, you timid tsundere—" The wind manipulator suddenly pulled his half-brother with them, making him come along to their longing reunion. Halilintar had no choice but to give in, awkwardly just patting their backs as they embraced.

After for what seems like an eternity, they finally broke the hug, with Solar still surprised as he gazed at a particular person. Without hesitation, he is the one he hugs now, a tear escaped from underneath his visor. The person only chuckled slightly, as he embraced him back.

"Duri... How... You..." Solar stammered.

"I'm here now, Solar..." Duri softly stated, closing his eyes and smiled warmly, hugging his best friend a bit tighter.