Opposites Attract

Summary: The Black Ranger abruptly joins the team and Sofia must learn to get along with her long-lost brother when the other rangers are incapacitated.

Previously on Fire VS Ice:

"Cam is correct. Our powers must be used only to defeat Diabolos, not for our personal gain," Sensei said.

"I think I can help with that," a new voice spoke up.

The eight in the room turned to look at their visitor and the shock was evident upon their faces as they noticed who it was.

Continued:

The rangers' faces turned from shock to anger, as they sunk into defensive stances. The black ranger was somehow standing at the entrance to their secret base.

"How'd you get in here?" Shane snarled.

Instead of responding, the black ranger demorphed to reveal a young man in his early 20s with short black hair and emerald green eyes dressed in a ninja uniform with grey highlights to indicate that he was the black ranger.

"Ask her," Jacob said, nodding at his sister.

"Me?" Sofia asked. Then realization struck her as she checked her morpher. She pulled a small chip off of it. "A tracking chip! Seriously!" She threw it on the ground and stepped on it, crushing it to smithereens.

"It's the only way I could find you," Jacob defended.

"Who says I'd want you to find me. You're an evil bastard," Sofia spat.

"I wanted to tell you that I've defected from the evil side," Jacob said.

"Yeah, right. Care to explain to me where you were for the past 12 years? I haven't seen you since I was seven years old and you left me to fend for myself on the streets. Do you know how hard it was for a seven-year-old to survive on the streets...alone? I was alone for three years before I was finally adopted into a loving and nurturing family. All that time alone and all I wanted was my big brother by my side," Sofia cried.

"Sophie..." Jacob started.

"Don't call me that! Only Chloe gets to call me that," Sofia snapped. It's true. Until Chloe was born, she never let anybody call her Sophie since her parents had been massacred by Lothor.

The rangers were all staring at the white ranger who looked like she wanted to rip her brother into pieces.

Sofia shook her head. "I need some air," she scoffed.

"Soph," Hunter whispered, as she stormed out of their base. He began following her but his path was blocked by her brother.

"Get out of my way," Hunter growled.

"No. She's my sister. What are you?" Jacob spat.

"I'm her boyfriend. And you're not her brother, you're a traitor," Hunter spat back.

Jacob was stunned into speechlessness, as Hunter walked around him and, with a final glare over his shoulder, followed the blizzard ranger outside.

Blue Bay Beach

Sofia sat on the soft sand, as she overlooked the tide. She felt the sand shift, as Hunter sat down next to her.

"This is a dumb question, but are you alright?" Hunter asked.

Sofia laid her head on his shoulder, as Hunter wrapped an arm around hers.

"Not really. I guess...after all the years of being alone on the streets made me hate him so much that I can't stand to look at him," Sofia replied.