Shadow Deceit

Summary: Sofia prepares for a moto tournament and somebody threatens to ruin any chances of her winning. When a new villain arrives on Earth, the Rangers are forced to battle without one of their own.

Dirt splattered everywhere as a rider in white sped around the track before flying through the finish.

"Dude, that was awesome," Dustin cheered as she rode up onto the hill.

"Thanks," Sofia replied as she pulled off her riding helmet.

"With that speed, you'll definitely win that tournament. No doubt," Kelly assured.

"Yeah right. The day she beats me is the day hell freezes over," a male voice sneered.

Sofia rolled her eyes and dismounted her bike to face a tall man about her brother's age with brown hair and eyes and dressed in black motocross gear. 

"What do you want, Thomas?" Sofia asked.

Thomas Santiago, the biggest hothead in Blue Bay Harbor with a huge ego to match, was incredibly sexist and was opposed to females riding on the track.

"What I don't want is you riding the track! Little girls don't belong with the big boys," Thomas taunted.

"Call me a little girl again. I dare you," Sofia growled.

"Come on. Don't you want to spare yourself the embarrassment and be my girl? You'd look great on my arm, babe," Thomas cooed, leaning in close.

"Please," Sofia scoffed, crossing her arms defensively.

"And as for being your girl, no thanks. I've already got somebody," she added, looking over his shoulder at an approaching figure.

"Is he a real man, though? Like me?" Thomas asked, flexing his muscles.

"Why don't you find out for yourself?" Hunter growled as he grabbed the egotistical rider and forcefully spun him around.

"Whoa, dude. Back off," Thomas laughed, brushing Hunter off him.

"You first, bro," Blake chimed in.

"Well, well, Blake Bradley, the wannabe Factory Blue rider. What brings you back to our humble city?" Thomas jeered.

"None of your business, Thomas," Blake spat in return.

"Ooh, I'm shaking in my boots," Thomas mocked.

"You better move it before you don't have any boots left to shake in," Hunter cautioned.

"Ease off, man. I'm going," Thomas grunted and, with a final wink at Sofia, strode away.

"That guy really steams me," Sofia growled, clenching her fists.

"Just relax," Kelly said as she and Dustin approached.

"Don't let him get into your head," she added.

"I'll do my best, but my patience is wearing thin," Sofia answered.

"I'll see you at the tournament later," Kelly said as she walked away.

"Wait, what time is it?" Sofia asked, grabbing Dustin's wrist to look at his watch.

"10 till 10. Why?" Dustin replied.

"Cam wanted to meet us in the woods to test some gimmick of his," Blake replied.

"Didn't you get the memo, bro?" Hunter questioned.

"Dude, would I be asking why if I did get the memo?" Dustin countered.