Chapter 5

FOLLOWING CHAPTERS ARE BEING REVISED

"You sensed correct." She rifles through a grey coloured file. "It was actually my fault, though."

She sounds embarrassed. "I won't judge. I'm the CEO of making bad decisions." I'm untamed as my friends would say.

"Oh, I messed up big time. Don't think you could top what I did." Grabbing a red file at the top of the stack in my arms, she replaces it with the one she was already holding and begins scrolling through it.  I get the feeling she's doing it to avoid looking at me, like my bestfriend Hazel does when she's lying. But then again, I don't know her well enough to assume that. It's strange really, I've only known her for a couple minutes but it feels like Ive known her for years.

I scoff out a laugh. "Try me." It can't be worse than the shit I've pulled in my sixteen years on this godforsaken planet.

"I fucked him to get back at my ex."

And just like that, all the files drop from my arms. When she starts laughing her ass off, I snap out of my shock and lean down to gather the files up again.

She fucked sweet little josh to get back at her ex? The guy that made me laugh so much that I was afraid I would piss my pants josh?

"Can you top that?" She chokes out mid laughter.

Wide-eyed, I nod my head no. That... wow I have no words. And it's very rare for me to be speechless.

She leans down and helps me. " Thought so."

"So what happened?" Wow, I'm being really nosy. She doesn't seem to mind though.

"Me and Josh were really good friends. When he told me he liked me I was in a relationship. Anyways, my ex cheated on me and because he always saw josh as a threat, I fucked the guy I told him he never had to worry about."

"Wow, I really can't top that." Did I just say that out loud? "Sorry," I quickly add.

"No, it's fine. I shouldn't have done that, but I was so mad." She sighs. "Alec came in the next day — alecs my cheating ex by the way — and started begging for forgiveness. Anyways josh heard me screaming at him and came in. Oh and this was the day after I slept with him. Well, one thing led to another and I shouted I slept with josh to get back at him."

I gasp. "You didn't."

"Yes. I did. He hasn't talked to me since. And we almost got fired for fucking." Her eyes widen. "Oh my gosh! I totally forgot to tell you. The main rule here is you can't be in a relationship with anyone that works here, and that includes fucking."

"Oh, that's fine with me. I've had enough relationships for one lifetime." After what happened with adalyn. Nope, I'm done.

"Yikes. What makes you say that?"

We're really open, aren't we? I kinda like it. I'm gonna need a friend and someone I can confide in, especially since the guy I'm about to work for is known to be a bastard.

I bite my lip. "My ex-girlfriend left me. We had all these plans to go to the same college and whatnot. And when she got an offer to go to America, she seized it and left without telling me. I had to find out through text message." I stifle my tears. I'm not ruining any more mascara over her. "You know what the fucked up thing is? She told me when she got there." And now I'm stuck in a college I didn't want to go to. I only picked it because of her, because she begged me. It's what I get for trusting her so much, even after what she did three months into our relationship.

"Fuck off. What a bitch."

I don't like her or anyone for that matter, calling her a bitch, not even when my best friends do it. But I need to suck it up. She didn't care when she left without a word, so why should I?

"She—."

"What the fucks going on here?" A deep voice rumbles from the doorway.