Friend

Draco was very worried. Pansy had shown up a few minutes after she had called to see if he was home, and was now pacing in front of the couch where he was sitting. Hermione went to her office to give them some space. "So...What's wrong?" Draco asked Pansy.

"I think I'm in love with Harry Potter!" she said in a rush. Draco just stared at her. "Say something, please," she begged.

Draco started laughing. In between laughs, he managed to get out, "All that panic for a stupid joke. Good one Pansy. Now, what's the real problem?" Pansy blinked at him; then reached out and slapped him.

"Oww. What was that for? Also, what is it with women slapping me lately?"

"Shut up! I'm serious. I don't have many girlfriends so I didn't know who else to talk to," Pansy said and looked like she was about to burst into tears

"Listen," said Draco "I'm sorry but I don't know how to respond to that. I mean, obviously, if you love him then I will respect that even though it's Potter." (Pansy gave him a warning look at that) "I'm not a girl and I most definitely will not squeal in an undignified girly manner," Draco finished.

"Well, can you at least try?" Pansy pleaded.

"No way. Although, I know someone who might be able to do so." Five minutes later Draco heard a girly scream coming from Hermione's room. "Guess I was right about Pansy and Hermione getting along well," Draco muttered while rolling his eyes.

###

(Hermione Pov)

Hermione was studying for an English final when she heard a knock on her door. "Come in," she said, expecting Draco 

"Hi, sorry Hermione. May I talk to you?" Pansy Parkinson asked.

"Oh, uh, sure. Go ahead."

"Thank you. Listen, I know this is sudden, and I haven't been very nice to you in the past but I don't really have any other girlfriends and I have some news. I think I am in love with your friend, Harry," Pansy hesitantly said.

Hermione squealed, "OMG that's so amazing. When did it happen? Tell me everything!"

Pansy was shocked, "Wait, you're not mad? I thought you wouldn't want me to like Harry."

"Of course I wasn't expecting this, but it's still good. Harry needs someone to date. He's been single forever all because he's too shy to ask anyone out. Now tell me everything."

"Okay, so we made a truce and everything. We started to become friends and then today out of the blue he just kissed me. It was magical but of course, Harry was all bashful afterward and mumbled something about talking to Ron. I didn't have anyone to talk to, so I called Draco and he recommended you," Pansy gushed.

"That's so awesome. Please call me if he chickens out on asking you to be his girlfriend, and I'll knock some sense into him. On a separate note, does this mean we can be friends? I've always admired you," Hermione asked.

"Of course we can. Want to exchange numbers?"

"Sure." After Hermione and Pansy talked for a while longer Pansy headed home. Draco and Hermione said goodnight to each other and went to bed.

Hi everyone. Thanks for reading. Please comment and vote. I'm sorry if you don't ship Pansy and Harry but it's happening.  Also thanks to everyone who has read because we have officially got 400 reads which is crazy so thank you.

-Ms. Scarlet